Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A rider just met fate over two blocks of south beach. Ambulance hasn't arrived but copsbcordoned off the scene. Rider is jelly spread thick. Clumps of human everywhere. Helmet with puddle of blood. Bike is in 3 pieces. Not pretty.

Sprtbike for the record.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
never a good sight when stuff like that happends. Years ago we had a funeral for a guy who wrecked his motorcycle then he bounced off a 280z (they weren't old at the time) then into a guardrail where the rail took out 70-80 of his chest/stomach area.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he mustve been going about 40mph judging by the spread of pieces (in a place where 15mph would be more appropiate). it looked like he dumped it. i didnt see a car involved, which doesnt mean anything since a car coulda fled the scene.

people do cazy shit in south beach @ 3am

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really a 40mph caused that much carnage? Crazy.

RIP dude.
good point. i still think he was accelerating hard in a very short distance. the spread of carnage was about 100ft. and the rider was not geared up as far as i saw.
i dont know any details on how/why. was he run over? was he a smallish person? was he even wearing the helmet? dunno.

its not even the worst bike accident i ever seen. not by a long shot. but i shall avoid that block for a couple weeks.
i dropped a triumph once and its not a happy memory.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Kill-a-ma-jig claims another? I can't get concerned over shit like that - if you are doing something stupid on a bike, you deserve it. If it's a real accident when someone cuts you off for just being there, then that's different. Guess he went quick w/out pain?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Always Sad to hear.

Just another reason I always wear all of my Gear.

I am currently looking at getting a pair of armored over pants.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts