Saab Link Forums banner

Motor/Trans Mounts

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Tweek's Turbos 
#1 ·
So i did all three mounts this weekend (motor, trans, and rear motor) at WyldSaab's garage in CT. What a world of difference. I'll post pictures of the three old mounts when i get home tonight, but basically, the motor was sitting on the subframe. the trans mount was broken, the motor mount was completely deflated, and the rear mount was held together by the cable and about 3mm of rubber.

so now i have a lot more cabin noise (so what), and nice crisp shifts and no wild shaking during accelerations!

pics later today

#2 ·
So i did all three mounts this weekend (motor, trans, and rear motor) at WyldSaab's garage in CT. What a world of difference.
Maybe I should open a garage with that name :lol:

Those mounts had definitely seen better days. Pretty surprising that the trans mount was in as good of shape as it was seeing how the other two were completely shot.

#6 ·
WyldSaab's garage in CT.
Maybe I should open a garage with that name :lol:
You would have to sell or service Tyres there though - would you be able to do that?

Thinking of a business name you could live with the rest of your life is tough! I've been throwing names around for a year now. Anytime I think of one I like - it loses it's thrill about 2 weeks later... Simple is clearly the way to go, but it's hard. I will be taken over "Moser Import Services" so I kind of want to transition into something "similar."

"Aaron Motors LLC" has been one of my more recent favorites (my middle name) - reason, when customers I don't like or others call and ask for Aaron I can tell them he's not in :) lol

#7 · (Edited)
Get a WW2 surplus quonset hut, a tire mount/balance machine & an alignment rig at a dealer auction and open up shop!

Tires, Alignments, Sales & Service. I can have Cindy drop by every once in a while to do the "book work" or what ever it is secretaries do. b.lumkin?

With my 99 9-5, I have only ever had to replace the upper mount due to sag. It has the 3 mounts, and the 2 lower dogbone mounts which I guess keep things together a bit better than 9-3's. At least the motor didn't fall out!

#8 ·
Get a WW2 surplus quonset hut, a tire mount/balance machine & an alignment rig at a dealer auction and open up shop!

Tires, Alignments, Sales & Service. I can have Cindy drop by every once in a while to do the "book work" or what ever it is secretaries do. b.lumkin?
:lol: IRL

#10 ·
Yes, while you are at the WW2 surplus auctions, get me some P-51ds for the alum scrap value.

Also Wyld, I still have that photo of your blue jello. Let me know where you want it emailed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.