Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Can't remember the part number but I got mine from eeuroparts.com good prices ands free shipping on orders over$50. It definitely helps if you know someone with a press to put em in though.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
If you can't find a press, just get a blowtorch and melt the rubber out. That's what I had to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
poly mounts the way to go

hi

no need to use a blow torch !!!.

Just undo the bolts and remove the top arm. Using a hacksaw cut two parallel lines near each other , BUT ONLY CUT through the bushing metal NOT the outer arm this will enable you to tap out the bushing and pop in a poly version. 1 hr tops to do both the upper arm and the engine mount.

Oh when doing the one mounted to the engine put a cloth over the alternator as this will prevent metal shards from falling into it .

regards

brendan

·
Registered
209 Posts
The part number for the portion with the rubber bushing in the rear is #7599913.

The part number for the portion that secures to the engine and has the rubber bushing at the top is: B234 engine #7596521, replaced by #32026107.
For the B202 engine #7577554.

Hope this helps you out.

George Kuhn

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The part number for the portion with the rubber bushing in the rear is #7599913.

The part number for the portion that secures to the engine and has the rubber bushing at the top is: B234 engine #7596521, replaced by #32026107.
For the B202 engine #7577554.

Hope this helps you out.

George Kuhn
Oh wow thanks for the part numbers but now .. Ive always wondered which motor I have.. Lol how do I know (Oh gawd what a newb question IM SO NEW TO SAABS :p)

·
Registered
359 Posts
When I did mine with the rubber mounts, I just couldn't get the mount to go back in. I had both the arms off the car, put them in the oven so they'd get a little pliable to tap in. Still didn't work without damaging the hell out of metal sleeve around the rubber. My friend works at a body shop where they have a press, 2 min later it was done.
I'm sure you could go to one and give the guy a 10 or 20 spot and they'd hook you up. Might be worth it just for the pain of putting it in...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I was able to find the motor mount with the rubber all ready inserted (The top of the mount). Thought that was pretty cool. My problem now is getting the other rubber piece.. And yeah my neighbor has a press he will let me use :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts