Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while attemping to install the GS motor mount today I got all the way to putting the new one on, and Im having problems.

In cannot get the 2 15mm bolt holes to line up no matter how I move the engine????

Should I put the 8mm hex in first like I did, or put the 2 15mm bolts in?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I've had a similar problem in the past and had the 8mm mount bolted to the engine first.
I lowered the engine 1/4" or so so that I had some wiggle room to get the bolts started and with the help of a buddy with a pry bar was able to wrench them in. Obviously make sure the bolts go in straight, it should push everything back into where its supposed to be as you torque them down.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
So while attemping to install the GS motor mount today I got all the way to putting the new one on, and Im having problems.

In cannot get the 2 15mm bolt holes to line up no matter how I move the engine????

Should I put the 8mm hex in first like I did, or put the 2 15mm bolts in?
It takes persuasion with a nice big screw driver or better known as a pry bar and a jack, that is how I manipulate it into place...

John

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I think JZW and laxian55 are giving the best advice you'll find on that. Motor mounts can be a tricky thing. I had to spend several hours getting things to line up on another vehicle of mine for the same part. A PITA, but you'll get it if you keep at it.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I had some issues getting the mount to line up with the holes as well. I suggest lifting the engine till u can get one bolt in there and lined up and then use a thick flathead or prying type tool and line the other bolt up. It's frustrating but just takes some persuasion and patience

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a problem with mine on my 01 Viggen i had to grind a small portion of one of the edges cuz it was hitting a peace of body metal fold. but my old mount was really shot ot the point it was a better bet to torch it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts