Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kid. But seriously...

Long story short, we found some clutch pieces in the transmission, and a hole in the radiator.

We will know more once we get the subframe, and trans dropped. There is a big hole in the transmission, and we could see a clutch spring in there. And the radiator got punctured by shrapnel. We think the fan bearing is shot too, causing the horrible clicking we heard. I'll get pics up tonight I think.

Good way to interrupt a Saab meet.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
okay so whats the story behind this? Sounds like a good one imo

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have good and bad news.

Good news is the clutch looks fine, and same with the flywheel, and I _think_ the pressure plate and slave cylinder are fine. If anyone thinks otherwise, let me know asap so I can add the stuff to my Genuine Saab order. Also wondering if the starter is still okay (it looks to be), and it started up fine before.

How do I remove the slave cylinder from the trans without ruining it? It only has a few thousand miles on it.

We were cruising to the hangar where we were going to do our photo shoot. I took off from a stop sign, and at the top of first, the wheels started spinning. So, I shifted like I always do, after it bounced off the rev limiter once or twice, but there was a huge bang and then incessant ticking (which was due to a trans part going through the fan), so I pulled over to the side of the road and turned off the car. Sleepy7666 called for a tow and the others continued on to the photo shoot.

·
Registered
422 Posts
DOH!!! S#IT happens!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
welcome to blowing the spider gear off the diff (which loosk to be what you are holding in your hand.

this is why you either need an lsd or absolutely have to stay away from wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome to blowing the spider gear off the diff (which loosk to be what you are holding in your hand.

this is why you either need an lsd or absolutely have to stay away from wheel hop.
If there was any way I could come remotely close to affording it, I would.

So I guess I need to drive more carefully. Lame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts