Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed a late model Eagle Talon on to the highway the other day. He had lowered suspension, fart can, etc. As well as a licence plate surround stating that the car was dyno tuned at the only shop that has a dyno in my town. If memory serves me right the car belongs to the owner of the shop and he has a competitive Honda in drag racing. Anyway, he ends up a few cars behind me due to traffic so I figure there was not going to be any fun. I get off at my exit, which is a great off ramp because it consists of 3 almost 90 degree corners. And low and behold he comes flying up on my rear end. We come out of the last corner onto a three lane road and he jumps out to my left, gets his front bumber equal to my rear door and that is as far as he got. I got on the gas and pulled away. He attemp to make up ground for a few seconds and realised he had no chance and slowed right down. We ended up at a light together and I guess he felt he had no chance because we bothed pulled away at a sedate speed. I had nothing left to prove!!

I should go by his garage and see if I get the usual question: " So what modifications does your car have?" And I can answer, "none, it is all stock".

Matthew
'01 9-3 Viggen
'00 9-5 Aero

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nice kill man. Also welcome to the site 8)

I've always wandered about a modded Talon. Was it a AWD TSI? If so thats really good because I heard they are one of the quickest rides.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it was an AWD Tsi, it had been debadged but had the body styling I would associate with the Tsi. Except for the stance and the exhaust pipe, I believe the owner was trying to make it look as plain as possible.

Thanks for the welcoming,
Matthew
'01 9-3 Viggen
'00 9-5 Aero

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
did it have stock rims? if it did, they will be a 5 spoke angled in like a circular saw, if they are hubcaps or any other design, then it isn't awd, and just because it's turbo doesn't mean it's awd. we now have three awd tsi's in my town, one runs mid 11's, another is awaiting a jdm motor and rebuilt tranny, and the third is all stock, kinda a beater, and needs to be fixed up

~justin

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I know who owns the car so I plan on going to see him at his shop and see which model Talon it is and what he has done to it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
heh - AWD TSI Talon... quality car there :wink:
typical run of the day beater if ya aske me - tho, there are a few in decent shape, and they ARE quick if the owner has maintained or upgraded it. They have a huge advantage off the line with the AWD. Other then that - having worked on one many times before, the motor is similar to a saab, but not as "smart" in design. I mean - timing BELTS - so low tech, and those things snap rather frequently - plus there is only so much power you can squeeze out of a rubber belt. I think i'll stick with Saabs for now - and watch my mirror for those Rice Toys.... it's where they belong, my mirrors!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Ha!!!!! not to be cocky but do u guys know how fast these cars really are when modified?

I have about 20 close friends with these cars in 11s 12s 13second quarter miles...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
ricot83 said:
Ha!!!!! not to be cocky but do u guys know how fast these cars really are when modified?

I have about 20 close friends with these cars in 11s 12s 13second quarter miles...
yeah - really frikken fast when modified - I can't touch em stock really - but I like to play. I repsect the TSI - but the rest can *radio edit* :D :twisted:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I saw a 1st Gen Eclipse GSX launch this weekend, and ohhhh mannn!!!! It appeared as if the front of the car was about to lift off the ground with all the power. AWD is definately a stiff competition, not to mention how much power the TSI and GSX can ultimately have.

I couldn't race it because my shifter is still messed up, but as soon as it get it fixed (and probably get my ECU), I'll have a go at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts