Saab Link Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Very nice!! I have 2 guys that I work with that have WRX wagons that are mediumly (if that is a word if not it is now) moddified and I have ot say they are quick. One of them has a similiar setup to yours with the exception of he is running Turbo Back 3" exhaust with race cat and only 1 muffler I believe. He also has the uppipe and an upgraded FMIC as well. Before he did his mods I was able (from a rolling start approx. 30mph) to take him up to 65mph or so before we evened out but after the exhaust and uppipe that is not the case anymore. I am lucky to be able to hang at his rear 1/4 panel up to around 45 or so and then its over. Seems he really picked up alot of lower and midrange power out of the mods. when do we get to see pics of your car man????

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
sounds great Chad! good choice of mods if you ask me!

in about 20 min from now i am clearing out the headlights on an 04wrx and maybe putting on some front endlinks....maybe do them tomarrow....

·
Registered
7 Posts
2005 Saab 92-x aero mods

Items Completed on 92-X:
-Voltage Regulator-Sun Auto
-Ground Wire-Sun Auto
-Short Shifter-B&M
-High Beam Bulbs-PIAA
-Fog Light Bulbs-PIAA
-K & N short ram Intake
-Greddy induction plate
-Transmission Pitch Stopper
-Group N Transmission Mount
-STI Radiator Cap 1.3 BAR
-Coolant: Royal Purple ICE 8.1 oz.
-K&N Oil Filter HP-1008
-Engine Oil: Royal Purple 5w/30 5qts.
-Transmission Oil: Royal Purple Max Gear 4qts.
-Differential: Max Gear 2 qts if front diff needs service
-Goup N Motor Mounts
-Turbo XS Up-Pipe
-Perrin front and rear sway bars w/ endlinks
-Greddy turbo timer
-Factory sub
-2.5" cat back
-perrin lightened crank pulley
-perrin intercoller hose kit

Near future:
Down pipe
- ecu reflash
should be around 300 - 320 then!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
also done kart boy shifter bushings,

the trans mount pitch stopper is the STI replacement for the stock one. On a horizontally aposed motor it attaches from the fire wall to top rear off the motor right above the transmission, this is to help reduce motor pitch when driving the car hard. In short it reduces movement in your drivetrain, same principal as upgrading your motor mounts and transmission mounts! The stock transmission mount is very weak, you can move it around using your hands, I recomend the upgrade!

Also when I switched to synthetics in my rear diff at 2,000 miles. It was already thick and sludgy, from normal break in. Also synthetic fluid in my transmission it decreased noise during deceleration.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts