Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k guys here's whats up... my 9-5 is continuing to piss me off and i was hoping to get some advice

im running stage 3 nordic with a 3.5 bar fpr 3" exhaust, intake, walbro255, JE's and T5 cams. it ran fine for a long time now i just recently had a code for a MAP low input. turns out it was the MAP sensor so i replaced it with a used one and it runs better than it did. the problem i have now is whenever i get into boost around (1bar) it starts to misfire bad/skip, does it in every gear. i replaced the BPC, air temp sensor, all new vac lines, vac valve. now my first guess would be maybe a bad FPR the only reason i come to that conclusion is that i blew a vac hose off the vac valve near the firewall and to get it back on i unplugged the harness to the valve to get behind it. when i put it back on i forgot to plug it back in (stupid me) so im guessing when it was unhooked it messed up the FPR and or something else if they even go bad ?? idk any words of wisdom out there. the only thing that isnt near new in the car is the DI the car has 75k on it. plugs were just replaced as well BCPR7ES11s

thanks

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I would say you should try testing out a known good DI.
Are your plugs gapped correctly?
Might want to check all the vac lines and intercooler piping as well.

Also, that vacuum valve on your firewall is what controls your bypass valve, so I cant image that would mess up your fuel pressure regulator at all. Neither the FPR or that valve are exactly common items to fail either.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
DI would have been my first guess. try swapping it.
+1

I have 4-5 DI's that all work to an extent but misfire here and there under hard acceleration and piss me off. it seems all the good used DI's are long gone :(.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks. yeah ill try a DI my mom has a near new one in her vert. it just always seems like its running really lean under boost is why im out to blame the fueling as an issue guess we will see.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i figured the valve wouldnt be an issue i only mentioned it because the line that comes off the FPR goes to that vac valve. if that valve isnt plugged in (the electrical plug i mean) will it mess up the flow of the FPR or will it still get the proper values/air wile its unhooked ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
took the DI off my sisters car. runs like a champ looks like ill be buying a new one or finding a used one. thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.