Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week was Fall Break for me so I decided last minute to pack up and make the 1,500 mile/25 hour drive from Salt Lake City to Houston on Wednesday night. Drove straight through and arrived in good time with no issue.. until I turned into Drew's neighborhood and my throwout bearing took a shit. Perfect timing, though, because fixing that on my own with hardly any tools up here in Utah is not an option.

What was supposed to be just a weekend of tuning, hanging out and beer turned into making sure my car would make it back home. And beer.

Here's how it went.

Drew's MCY Viggen coupe:

Poor thing

Third gear :D

DESTRUCTION

Once it was back together, took a few hours to relieve my car of some dead paint.

Also, I'm borrowing some of Drew's rims that aren't in use right now ;) 18x7.5 version of Borbet Type FS with 235/40 Hankook RS2 tires on them. Finally some 200 treadwear
After:

Had a short amount of time to take a couple pictures before I had to get back on the road:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some REALLY good pictures! I like th old skewl TURBO badge picture the best :)

What camera was in use?

MCY Viggen = SWEET (story on bumper?)

The Viggen was awesome.. I couldn't stop looking at it. I didn't get a picture of it, but the black suede headlining/a-pillars were nuts! The bumper had to be replaced and so the replacement just hasn't been painted yet.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol Drew said the look was kind of growing on him, too. Interesting..

Im diggin the NG :)

What lights are you running? Nice turbo badge as well.
Thanks :) the lights are a $40 ebay kit in the stock housing, no projectors or e-codes! :rolleyes: Definitely not the best pattern but they help me see and I haven't been flashed yet. I thought the turbo badge looked way better than the stock "2.0 Turbo" badges. It's bigger and it's more SAAB than the ones that came from GM.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Nice pics! I bet thats quite a fun ride from Salt Lake to Houston.

Do you have a hydraulic or cable setup in that car?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice pics! I bet thats quite a fun ride from Salt Lake to Houston.
Well I was alone which has it's ups and downs but I think more downs than ups. It was long and painful toward the end.

That is a cable throwout bearing.

Glad you got it sorted.
Thanks, the timing couldn't have been any better. Hydraulics/9-3 tranny should be in by the time I get to you in the summer so we shouldn't have to worry about replacing it again in Springfield :lol:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I had another guy up last week doing nearly the same thing. Tore 2nd up a bit. (Shifting order of operations miscalibrated in the driver. ) Been working 14hrs average here so pointed him in the right direction and helped him R/R then helped him rebuild the box.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
(Shifting order of operations miscalibrated in the driver. ) Been working 14hrs average here so pointed him in the right direction and helped him R/R then helped him rebuild the box.
LOL that sucks. Mine was replaced back in 2007 when I bought my Spec from you so I'm wondering if this had something to do with my foot slightly resting on the pedal a lot of the time. It's been making weird noises forever, though, so who knows.

14 hours!? Sounds like business is booming, hopefully you get time for the drag car between it all.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
dude, I love those rims you got from Drew!! Both cars are looking nice, and I love the old c900 turbo badge on the NG. Nice pics too, you have an eye for detail man.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys.. if the pictures have anything to show, it's because of some help I received from a few guys on here in the past when I posted up some really tacky (now that I look back at them) pictures. It might of also helped that I was following around a really successful fashion photographer the whole time I was in Korea and learned just a couple things :D

I still have a long way to go as a photographer but I feel I've gotten a little better. Any criticism would be great, though! Let's hear it!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Love the old turbo badge! Throwback - and reminded me of my old NG before it was ended just as it was getting perfect... never trusted a PT Cruiser or people who drive them since.
(more pics of the old ride - RIP.)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry about your loss :( very clean NG900, the rear panel is still in tact and everything! And I love the exhaust tip. I need a new muffler.. more like I want one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts