Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, sorry. 2002, 5 speed, 132k miles, new transmission, panoramic sunroof, leather, cruise, power everything. Yellow with black top. New tires etc. Runs great! All reciepts, invoice, window sticker all included. Pics to follow

·
Registered
321 Posts
Guessing its not a Cooper S based on the 5spd...Not sure if anyone would give up an Aero or Viggen for a reg Cooper...Any mods or anything?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No mods. If you drove both, the s is a bit more powerful for low-end torque, but not enough to warrant the huge loss in fuel economy. I average 37.4 mpg (calculated) and I'm a fairly spirited driver.
Im near Albany ny, work in western ma.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Guessing its not a Cooper S based on the 5spd...Not sure if anyone would give up an Aero or Viggen for a reg Cooper...Any mods or anything?
Why not? sure it doesn't have as much pep as an S but it still gets around and drives great. I would love a mini, and in yellow my girlfriend will finally not hate a car that I drive. But alas all I have for trade are two NG's...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
details: Leather, panoramic sunroof ( roof over the front seats and back seats so feels extra roomy inside), retractable sun shades, cruise, climate control, computer ( fuel economy, avg speed, ext temperature, etc ), tire pressure monitor, column tachometer, steering wheel controls for radio and cruise ( radio controls at fingertips), 6 way adjustable seats, hatchback, folding rear seats, front and rear power ports, am/fm cd with ipod hookup and speed sensitive volume control, five cupholders, aftermarket exhaust, varying speed ratio steering control, all receipts from 00004.3 miles. ( Not sure what happened in the first four miles of it's life) all original paperwork, original purchase agreement, window sticker. Brand new clutch,flywheel and bearing and brand new transmission gears and bearings straight from the UK.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, There is a dealer near me that was selling a viggen convertible on ebay and I decided to go check it out, thinking possible swap for that one. I have to warn anyone interested in it to go check it out in person BEFORE bidding on ebay. You won't be that happy with it. It's like an old worn out mare. Loose in the turns to the point of scary, strut mounts banging like john henry is trying to get out of the engine compartment, to get to 5th gear you have to pull up the reverse detent lever and "find" it. They put an engine in it, which is a great engine, but the rest of the car seems like it has 82 gabillion miles on it. Steering wheel, to go down the road, has to be cocked at a 34 degree angle to the right... When I got back in that mini it was like putting on a glove!
I don't recall the viggen I used to own being a floppy wallowy thing, I'm hoping that the mini, being so tight, hasn't spoiled me from liking those cars as much as I have! The dealer was like " So! Are you going to take it today or what?" Took me a bit to weasel my way out of that deal.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not? sure it doesn't have as much pep as an S but it still gets around and drives great. I would love a mini, and in yellow my girlfriend will finally not hate a car that I drive. But alas all I have for trade are two NG's...
I was suprised at how there isn't that much of a difference between the regular and the s model. If anything, I would put a turbo on a regular mini before I got an s. I like that turbo lag and pull feeling like you get from an old SPG that has had it's box turned up too far... The mini s has more lower torque, but up in the higher RPMs, the normal one feels.... free..(for want of better wording) and just revs nicer. If anyone were to ever have raced motocross, the mini is driven a bit more like a 125, where an S is more like a 250. The nicest thing about the not-s is the fuel economy. If you only have 20 bucks, you can get out of the state. ( no matter what state you are in!)
My better half likes Saabs. She likes the mini a lot, but she likes Saabs as well. She says they have cute butts. I just go along with it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Im not hatin on the reg Coopers...Ive drivin my sisters Pepper White '02 Auto plenty of times and that thing was fun as hell before she traded it in. The tranny on these isnt that great from what Ive read though and I think she had some issues with it while it was still under factory warranty. I was just sayin its kinda of a step back from a 9-5 Aero or Viggen but your damn right about the fuel economy, theyre excellent.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
sounds like that vig was used hard and put away wet but i've driven both and the vig does feel like a big 'ol pile of fail in the corners compared to a mini.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thinking about a nice newer 9-5 would be cool too, as long as it has a five speed. I like the vig for the sweet leather seats.
That car at the dealer was a clapper. I test drove it and afterwards I was nice about it when I told him what the deal was with it, he was a nice guy, but his "boss" was pushy. Wanted him to deal. I told him what was wrong with it, alignment, strut towers, linkage was all messed up, steering felt sloppy and it wandered all over the road... He said what they do is, when there is a deal in the works, the customer requests to have these things repaired, and then they fix them, because the cars are all "wholesale cars"
The thing is, that car is listed on ebay!! Imagine buying a car on ebay, taking the flight from california or texas or whatever to Saratoga NY only to find out that you bought a piece of crap that has had it's engine replaced at the dealer.. Not cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.