Saab Link Forums banner

Midwestern Saab meet-up

3K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  gm 
#1 ·
So, aireeca and I have been discussing the idea of a Midwestern Saab meet-up for enthusiasts in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky area. We think Indianapolis might be a good since it's central location. Anyone on here interested? This is something we'd like to do before the snow starts flying, so before Thanksgiving would be good. Anyone?

#2 ·
I'd be interested. There are a few members active on saabcentral that I think may be as well. I suggest post in both places.

I'm in springfield ohio, the other ohio guys I know are cinci, c-bus, dayton and cleveland (thats about every big city anyway ;) )

I'd probably prefer to go to cleveland than indianapolis, even though IN is closer (by about 50 miles). I prefer columbus to either though since that is only 45 minutes from me!!

Tboy

#3 ·
Tboy, Cleveland? Really? I mean, we do have steel mills up here but....

OK, folks, let's try to figure something out where we can get a bunch of Saabs, their owners and assorted friends together for an afternoon before the snow flies. Indy sounds good to me, but so would Cinci and I'm open to suggestions.

Also, GM, you are free to bring the street-racing hearse instead of your Saab, should you choose. :)

#18 ·
Actually, Columbus looks pretty promising. Between 2-3 hours for folks in central Indiana, northern Kentucky and the CLE.

Thoughts on dates, anyone?
Yeah, Columbus sounds good to me. How about either November 8, 9, 15, or 16? I think any of those dates work for me.

#11 ·
Yeah. But the rest of the Midwest is just too scary to think about right now. :cry:

So big. So, you know, 10 years ago.

What I meant to say, is central to folks in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky. You Minnesotans have your own social calendar I wouldn't dare disturb. ;)

#17 ·
Where ever you choose is fine for me, I don't mind doing a little driving. :)

The last time we met in Columbus we met at a local indie repair shop. His shop is really small, but we had some good food, and lot of cars.

Are you just wanting to hang out, or did you have some kind of activity in mind?

Tboy

#27 ·
Just for fun:

This link is a post by Saaboheme and shows alot of the ohio saabers that participate online. Its a good list of people who have attended our Findley Ohio event or at least expressed that they were not attending!

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1287730&postcount=400

If you want to read the whole thread it can be found here:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125289&page=1&pp=20

Notice that there are 24 pages in that thread so it will be a long read.

Tboy

#28 ·
Just for fun:

This link is a post by Saaboheme and shows alot of the ohio saabers that participate online. Its a good list of people who have attended our Findley Ohio event or at least expressed that they were not attending!
Findlay?

Yeah, great town.* That's where my dad's company is based.

I am just giving you crap anyways. But there are probably 20+ active MN members, but I am not driving 12 hours to go to Findlay, Ohio. Now if it were in WI or IL, I would be more apt.

#32 ·
Saaboheme regrets to inform you that he has lost his sense of humor, as well as his pecuniary assets, due to this Monday's savage and well-coordinated electronic attack upon his royal treasury and majestic personage. Bank balance . . . $14.95; Credit cards . . . gone; PayPal . . . gone; Amazon . . . gone; and so forth and so on, ad nausaeum and in apparent perpetuity.
When y'all make up your collective minds, and if you wish for Tommy Turbo's, I can has it reserved for y'all. Now doubled in size and accomodating four vehiculars at once, it should be adequate. He will of course offer up the Tech 2 again. He may as well, although I cannot promise anything, since I am not he and he is not me, offer up some free T-shirts again.
I will monitor this thread with semi-regularity (thus very accurately describing my bowels since Monday evening) to endeavor to ascertain and anticipate your needs regarding a site here, should it come to pass that Comeblowus, Ahia is the chosen spot.
A road trip will not be in the cards for this debonair and handsome, yet pitiably impecunious and woeful wretch. Lack of funds and executive privilege, to be imminently exercised by the Petite Tyrant, will preclude it.
Talk amongst yourselves. Debate, waffle, decide.
That is all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.