Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, aireeca and I have been discussing the idea of a Midwestern Saab meet-up for enthusiasts in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky area. We think Indianapolis might be a good since it's central location. Anyone on here interested? This is something we'd like to do before the snow starts flying, so before Thanksgiving would be good. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I'd be interested. There are a few members active on saabcentral that I think may be as well. I suggest post in both places.

I'm in springfield ohio, the other ohio guys I know are cinci, c-bus, dayton and cleveland (thats about every big city anyway ;) )

I'd probably prefer to go to cleveland than indianapolis, even though IN is closer (by about 50 miles). I prefer columbus to either though since that is only 45 minutes from me!!

Tboy

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Tboy, Cleveland? Really? I mean, we do have steel mills up here but....

OK, folks, let's try to figure something out where we can get a bunch of Saabs, their owners and assorted friends together for an afternoon before the snow flies. Indy sounds good to me, but so would Cinci and I'm open to suggestions.

Also, GM, you are free to bring the street-racing hearse instead of your Saab, should you choose. :)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Yeah. But it's asking folks like Notchback to drive a really long way for the benefit of two people, one of whom likes to leave Cleveland on a fairly regular basis anyhow. A central location in the Midwest is just more...polite.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
I've organised one Indy event before and timing is always the issue. We had fun with the go kart event I ran at Fast Times in Indy.

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Yeah. But it's asking folks like Notchback to drive a really long way for the benefit of two people, one of whom likes to leave Cleveland on a fairly regular basis anyhow. A central location in the Midwest is just more...polite.
Of course. We have done it in columbus before.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Actually, Columbus looks pretty promising. Between 2-3 hours for folks in central Indiana, northern Kentucky and the CLE.

Thoughts on dates, anyone?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Yeah. But the rest of the Midwest is just too scary to think about right now. :cry:

So big. So, you know, 10 years ago.

What I meant to say, is central to folks in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky. You Minnesotans have your own social calendar I wouldn't dare disturb. ;)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Oh yes. I consider it to be the MN-Mafia's men-struation cycle here on the 'link. I should start sending e-Aleve's to you all when I see it ramping up. :)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Actually, we could all meet up in Moraine, Ohio, about 90 minutes west of Columbus, where the Buckeye State trolls make Trollblazers. Well, at least for another month or two. :(

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Where ever you choose is fine for me, I don't mind doing a little driving. :)

The last time we met in Columbus we met at a local indie repair shop. His shop is really small, but we had some good food, and lot of cars.

Are you just wanting to hang out, or did you have some kind of activity in mind?

Tboy

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, Columbus looks pretty promising. Between 2-3 hours for folks in central Indiana, northern Kentucky and the CLE.

Thoughts on dates, anyone?
Yeah, Columbus sounds good to me. How about either November 8, 9, 15, or 16? I think any of those dates work for me.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Very interested... Im in north central IN, so a few hours from that should be reasonable.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts