Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2003 9-3ss.
During the day time, all the instruments (radio, heat controls, etc.) light up but at night they stay dark. My gages (speedometer, rpm's, turbo etc) light up fine all the time. The SID stays lit also. its just the middle console. NO its not the night panel button... If I start the car at night with a flashlight shining on the small dome on the dash on top of the SID, it all lights up. within 30 seconds of turning off the flashlight it all goes dark again. the window buttons as well as the radio controls on the steering wheel also dont light up but only at night. I am assuming that there is a light sensor that would turn off lights during day but is malfunctioning and is turning it off at night instead. Brought car to an independent saab shop, to be nice he hooked it up to a tech2 for free and it all tested fine. he was able to get it all to light up but once the machine was unplugged it all goes off at night still... He is baffled by it. I am just tired of fumbling around in the dark to turn up the heat or change the radio station. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts