Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my dealer for an oil change yesterday and I was speaking to my salesman. He had just completed sales training on the 04 models and described the mid year changes to me. He said the Aux in will start to come in U.S. models about March. He knew nothing about a retro kit for the 03's. but was willing to order the parts for once he had the parts numbers. The 17" wheels will come with all-season tires. He also felt the Saab was removing things from the cars to keep the cost down. ie ....pop-up headlight washers. and On-star from the Linear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Maybe the cost of R&D was significantly higher than they had expected, and perhaps, while the 93SS was labeled a 'success', they hadn't quite met their sales expectations.

Or maybe they want to be one of the lowest priced cars on the market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cpufixer1 said:
I stopped by my dealer for an oil change yesterday and I was speaking to my salesman. He had just completed sales training on the 04 models and described the mid year changes to me. He said the Aux in will start to come in U.S. models about March. He knew nothing about a retro kit for the 03's. but was willing to order the parts for once he had the parts numbers. The 17" wheels will come with all-season tires. He also felt the Saab was removing things from the cars to keep the cost down. ie ....pop-up headlight washers. and On-star from the Linear.
I just picked up an 04 Linear. Originally, I was waiting for a swap for a Espresso Black, but that just wouldn't go through. I then selected a graphite green, and the dealer told me that, because its build date was before February 2004, its price was about $300 lower. (I got the GMS price).

My Linear comes with air vents at the back of the center console for the rear seat passengers. The more expensive, post-Feb-2004 builds have replaced that air vent with a cheap, useless bin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts