·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
What is "Megasquirt"?

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

That is megasquirt, its basically a standalone EFI computer that you build yourself for about $140 that allows you to program your fuel injection via a laptop. Theres also some other variants out there that allow you to program ingnition advance/retard as well.

I plan on using something called Megasquirt 'nEDIS wich uses ford coil packs for distributorless programmable ignition 8) .

Paul

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Did you ever get to do more with the Megasquirt on your car? Or do you plan to do more with it?

I was talking to the Volvo crowd at a local show and they are all using Megasquirt systems on their cars and say it works great. Only thing with them is that they are were all like 1996 and older Volvo's so no real data on a newer car. Would love to hear if you had success and what year car it went on.

·
7,595 Posts
once I get mine up and running with either a bosch 2.2 or 2.4 ECU just so everything is "right" beforehand megasqurt is going to be one of my next steps.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I know that from talking to the Volvo crowd they are having great luck with there setups and are combining them with the SAAB APC system for a total package. I sent Megasquirt an email asking them about using a NG900 or 9-3 and all I got back was a HMMM we have never seen one used on one of those before so it did not leave me hopeful on that. Not that I am in a big hurry to change my 9-3 to a different engine management system. I might use it if I keep my C900 T16 though just so I can skip the fuel chip reprograming and stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts