Saab Link Forums banner

mechanical limp mode reset

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Tboy 
#1 ·
Hey what's good everyone?
I have a little dilema....
I have a 99 95 5spd. (b235)
my car threw a p01215 or 6 the other day and it won't start.
I cleared codes but it still a crank no start.
I found somthing concerning a mecahnical limp mode. I am in the process of reseting it. The issue i believe what is going on is the fuel pump relay ain't giving power. I haven't tried to jump the circuit yet to try and see if it's a ecu controle problem. Does anybody know anything on how to reset the mechanical limp mode, and the fuel cut off controle? I already have a little info on the throttle reset. but any elaboration on the whole process would be a big help. thnk you in advance.

#6 ·
we'll i'm not sure whether or not i should start a new thread but here i go.
I reset the mechanical throttle. thing i got a puff of smoke out of the car but still a crank no start. I think i might have flood it from previous tries, when i did not know everything about the limp mode proceedure. Going to check the plugs next tomorrow. If anybody else has had experince with this situation please feel free to chip in.

#8 ·
Your limp mode is not going to prevent it from starting. It may make it easier to start sine when in limp mode the throttle butterfly iis controlled by the throttle cable where when it is functioning as designed it is controlled by the computer. I've driven around for several days with my car in LHM when the limp solenoid broke and it was not possible to reset it (it broke when I installed the engine cause it hit the firewall).

I think you have a separate problem that maybe caused the limp condition. Can you tell us anything about when the limp mode was set? Did the check engine light come on? The DI is a good suggestion if you have a spare or can swap one with a running car.

#10 ·
Yeah well I was driving around with a air flow meter code for maybe 6 months before this limp mode condition.
The code that was set was a p01215 or a po1216. Coolant temp code cutting off fuel. I have already reset the throttle. still crank no start although i got a puff of smoke out of it once before it fell on it's face. I'm leaning to check rail pressure. (fuel) and jumping the fuel pump next. I was going to start a new thread but since the questioning is continued after the limp mode reset. I guess I'll just do follow up questioning here. Is there any other rest such things to do when i temp code or fault is set? hopefully it's not just a flood condition due to excessive starting from before i was informed of the limp mode condidtion although, you guys and gals maybe have stated that it would not prevent a start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.