Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a neighbors sister (good neighbor) who is looking to get an 03 9-3 Arc, 30K miles and lives in NYC. I recommended a checkup since she is not a car person. I said that I don't know anyone in NYC, specifically Mannhattan, but would post question for mechanic/someone who can run a pre-purchase inspection?

If there isn't saab specific shop, is there anyone you would recommend.

Thanks!

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
I am in Brooklyn but I don't know the first thing about those cars beyond "does it run." I couldn't really do much beyond check the tire tread etc. that anyone can read up on online. I'm assuming with that low mileage it should come with all the service records.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Blix gave me the card for a guy in Brooklyn - Swedish Saab service. 718.622.3838. Can't say anything more than that. Haven't used him myself.
Swedish Saab Services (brooklyn) is run by roland, he works only on saabs from what I know, though i have seen a totaled beemer outside his shop once.

He's a handy enough guy, and sells a few saabs himself, they're outside his shop. I've seen him do everything from routine brakes to engine rebuilds. The first couple of times I went to him he was nice and friendly. The last few times I went, he either wasnt there, or he was dicking around with a buddy's saab and I didnt feel welcome at all. Also he's by appointment only.

Im sure he knows the trouble spots to look at though for a pre purchase inspection. He could give it a quick rundown with a tech2 also.

Charges $95 an hour last I was there.

tl;dr mixed feelings about him but he knows his shit well enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts