Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this ever been completed? Or would I be the first to successfully do so?

Note: I know this is going to a painus in the anus swap, but this is the reason I bought this project car. After studying the wiring diagrams, this is completely possible so long as the mixed air temp sensor and motor speed control ports are useable on the duct system and I can turn on a few software switches in the DICE if they exist to allow A/C and defrost control over the I-Bus vs. the hard wire control that exists now.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Time is my bitch, and junkyard cars are plentiful.
Sleepy, by the time I'm done with this car if it wasn't for the window sticker in the glove box few would have any idea what originally came on this car.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Id like to do this to my 9k at one point too although its 100% different from ng900's. Good luck! And thanks for the sig pimpmypc

·
Registered
303 Posts
Having actually looked into this in the past, the ACC and MCC have different wiring harnesses. You would need to splice in a plug for the ACC, its resistor, and its motor, or go through the 12 hour job of swapping harnesses. You'll need the 39 pin connector. Part number 9565045. It's about $14 from the dealership. Do you have a copy of the WIS? It'd be a great help to you if your going to attempt this. Also, I wouldn't mess around trying to reprogram the DICE to work with the ACC. I'd just get one that already worked with one. If you are really resourceful/ingenuitive you could probably find a file dump of a DICE unit with ACC somewhere and flash it to your current/donor one, but that's an insane amount of work for uncertain results. A lot of the parts for this project are very expensive new, and so I'd hope you have a donor car or system to this. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have the WIS at my disposal.

I plan on leaving the MCC harness there, and adding the harness for the air blend door actuator, distribution actuator, mixed air temp sensor, ect ect.......... Other bits will have to be custom wired if need be. I haven't sat down and actually planned out exactly what I need to do down to each bit, but it is completely doable based on what I see in the WIS.

On a side note, I have from now until april or so to make the magic happen. This will be a completely reversible mod and an interesting learning experience, even if it doesn't work. I've also had the dash completely stripped before, and stripping it again won't be that big of a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts