1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad's 2002 Maxima SE and my 2001 Saab Viggen

·
7,595 Posts
I would say in a 0-60 run the maxima would *probably* out run the Viggen, however in either a 1/4 mile run, or a highway run, the viggen should out run any model maxima ever made with good measure.

So, am I right?

·
Registered
584 Posts
DeLorean said:
I would say in a 0-60 run the maxima would *probably* out run the Viggen, however in either a 1/4 mile run, or a highway run, the viggen should out run any model maxima ever made with good measure.

So, am I right?
I dunno. The company car I often use is a 2.5l maxima, which in theory has 180 hp. It feels more like 130 hp - it's just such a big boaty car. I've never driven the 3.5l SE though. . .

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
believe it or not...

....the cars actually do the same thing from stand still...both of the them sit for a bit and spin...lots of tire smoke hehehe...then once finally hooked up its away we go! the Max does end up winning by a nose...once above 60 the Viggen is all over the Maxima like syrup on a fat mans pancakes! The Saab is much more stable at speed of 100+, i once went up to 130 in the Max, took a bit, but I'll never do that again...the car didn't handle well over 125, i hit 130 and then backed off...the suspension is just too soft, yes it is a SE, but one good bump and the car does the bouncing thing, not comforting :shock: the saab however...well you can just imagine... :wink:

[/quote]

·
Registered
475 Posts
My roomate has a 2002 Maxima SE 6 speed and I have a BSR stage 1 2003 9-5 Aero and we have raced a few times. At launch the car's are neck in neck and shift to second around the same time. Second gear the Aero starts to pull away and once the Maxima has to shift into third sooner than the Aero due to the extra gear, it's all over. Once I shift to 4th close to 100, he is probably 4 or 5 car lengths back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts