Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I did some googling...apparently they are made by the same Taiwanese manufacturing company that makes all these cheap kits. There are stories all over the other car forums about them failing and in some cases the shock breaking in half. I guess you get what you pay for. I really, really thought Maptun would have a more reputable company making the products they peddle. Disappointing.

·
Registered
671 Posts
depends

Ok so I did some googling...apparently they are made by the same Taiwanese manufacturing company that makes all these cheap kits. There are stories all over the other car forums about them failing and in some cases the shock breaking in half. I guess you get what you pay for. I really, really thought Maptun would have a more reputable company making the products they peddle. Disappointing.
seems guys using them on SAAB (very few, thou) are quite happy with the product...there are some feed-backs on SC on these coilovers. Maybe they are as happy with the NEX coilovers like I am more than happy with WP PRO 336mm front 330mm rear 6 pot brakes ;)
it all depends on the expectations and experience, after all!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seems guys using them on SAAB (very few, thou) are quite happy with the product...there are some feed-backs on SC on these coilovers. Maybe they are as happy with the NEX coilovers like I am more than happy with WP PRO 336mm front 330mm rear 6 pot brakes ;)
it all depends on the expectations and experience, after all!
True, it is subjective; I'm, hearing better feedback from the k-sport kits in general, although I don't know of anyone with a k-sport kit on a 9-5. My buddy has a k-sport coilover kit installed on his M5 and he loves it. I've driven the car and it corners very flat with factory sway bars and the ride comfort is better than mine is and I've got H&R springs and konis set fairly soft.

Good to hear you are happy with the WP pro setup because I have the front and rear setup as well that I need to install....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.