Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I now have a 93' cse fpt. I want to do some cheap mods and am looking for a modest increase in power. Im wondering what is the best mbc to go with. Is there any one that I can use and still keep the trionic functioning correctly. Also what is the maximum boost I can run, I read on Saabcentral that the boost cut with tcs was 24psi. Im looking at getting just a cheap mbc and running 15-17psi.
What are your guys thoughts?
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I know on the 900's once you insert a MBC you loose the ability to have the APC control boost. Have you looked at the ability to do an APC mod? That will allow you to control boost through the stock system and not mess up your cars ability to control knock. look on the http://900aero.com/ site for how to's on doing this mod. It will cost you less than $15 dollars and will allow you to run 18 to 19 PSI safeley on the car with just a twist of a small screw on the APC.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Early Trionic.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
run the mbc in series with the apc solenoid/system...lets you increase boost by with holding the pressure signal from the solenoid instead of the wate gate so you still get protection...many sc and snet guys say this is the "wong way" but ive been running it like that for 9 months now with noissues and perfect boost controol...i also use a turboe xs mbc ...great unit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts