Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past two days we have been running into problems tuning my 9-5 Aero. For some reason, the live tuning function is not working when connected directly to the P-Bus just like it has plenty of times before. The software sees live information like afrs and coolant temp.

When you try to change a value in a table, after saving it to the ECU and reading it back, the value reverts to what it was before.

Anyways, this is just getting frustrating. Bench tuning is not as good obviously. (If someone wants to send me a BIN for a nice stage 2 B235R, that would be nice)

Now the car has a stock tune on it and while driving around today I noticed that mAir was usually about 60mg/c higher than mReq. Even tuned this car was much more stable than that. What could be some culprits to this?

Is this an adaptation thing? Because I just reset the ECU. I doubt this because it has never done this in the past.

*annoyed*

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the only part that has not been changed yet (@117k).

I just don't want to jump to that conclusion because of the other weird shit: nErr: 1 LIMP: 18.

There are no CELs and the TB is new.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hm, thats news to me.

I have another from a 2000 9-3 but it looks equally old. I will put it in at lunch I suppose.

If the MAF was bad, theoretically it would be reading lower right? So it would be the opposite of my problem? idk...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Why would it read lower only? actual vs. required could fluctuate any way it wants once it's bad. Why would it only favor one direction in a false reading?

As for the no CEL - I am about 80% sure on that. I know it's either the MAF or the BPC one of them (or both?) will not cause a CEL when bad. It's been awhile and I am a little rusty.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just saying that it looks like a general failure of the MAF is that it reads lower than it is supposed to. I was under this impression.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed it at lunch.

Yesterday I had to bring the TB out of limp mode because of a bad tune. When I was resetting the TB, I was using an old TB as a reference and did not put the return spring back onto the metal part. So it was always a bit off, but still worked. Everything is back to normal now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts