Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to the indy I bought my SiS from. When I got the car, he agreed to do a pretty big checklist of items I wanted done to the car prior to delivery.

Well we just added to that list as he found a '91 SPG in that he can use as a donor to take my car from Auto to a 5sp. The donor engine is smooth and there are no shift issues, he is going to do a full engine/transmission switch and save me the labor of splitting the engine.

More money for a car I have yet to bring home, but it will be like I want to to be when it gets here, and it will have been gone through top to bottom by a top Indy. Pretty happy, just going to have to be patient. Hopefully will have it the end of Sept or the first of Oct so I can enjoy the fall in it.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Did the same to our '91 SE a number of years ago. Very well worth the investment. You will love the outcome.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Jealous!!!

At SCD all day yesterday seeing all the 5sp's, my hubby kept on saying how he would love to convert the Vert too from auto to stick.

Congrats and it will be worth it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to Paul today, and things are looking good. Spent the time this weekend looking around the house and garage to find stuff to sell to fund the extra $$$$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.