Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last year and a half i have been collecting parts which included a 6 puck clutch, alum flywheel, and quaife lsd. Since i lost reverse in may i decided it was finally time to fix it.

So starting with the lsd, it is absolutly amazing in the corners and completely changes the handling of the car. Now i have many other suspension mods pretty much all but strut braces and coil overs. Before when i was auto xing and just driving it was basically just throwing the weight of the car around in corners, now i can get on the throttle a bit in the corners and it seems to just pull the front end in harder. Now i do NOT call this a fix all for grip because still if i get on it to hard it just shoots straight and in a straight line at 260hp 300ftlbs it still spins in second. I think if i swapped out my 225 falken azenis for some 245 drag radials on 16's grip would be great.

Now the 6 puck clutch, it is a good bit grippier after break in, before break in period was over the clutch chattered a ton if the car was not good and hot but holds my current power great.

When i was removing my tranny i realized i need a turbo and i am going to be swapping a gt3071 internally gated onto my stock manifold. what wastegate do you use since most are set around 14 psi and adjustable wg are expensive?

Also with the manifold spacer can you run a stock fan?

so overall i love the dif but it is a damn expensive project.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
good to hear its coming along, did I see you today at autozone in nashua by chance?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I actually work there but was across the street at dunks; what size do you need Ill do a little digging if I have the time. We have parts catalogs for a lot of stuff not listed on the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.