Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you add lowering springs will you get better road handling? Will it feel more solid over bumps? Also, which company is the best even price wise? Thanks.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
They do improve handling, however if on stock shocks and struts I've heard the ride over bumps is bumpier.

The best thing to do when lowering is to upgrade the shocks and struts as well.

The H&R springs from Genuine Saab are very good for $255, and you may want to call up Group 9 Performance for a price on theirs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9-3 Suspension on a 9-5?

I was wondering if 9-3 Springs and Shocks will fit on my 99 Saab 9-5? Also how do you post pictures of your car here on Saablink? Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 9-3 and 9-5 use totally different setups, so are not interchangable.
I'm using the Eibach pro kit on mine, and it is superb.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
anyone know what a good affordable co. makes them for the c900 - but not so much a lowering springs as a high performance aftermarket. I like a car that has ground clearence - and can corner tight.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Check out Group 9 Performance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also if you want to find springs & shocks for your car check out www.tirerack.com. I'm probably going to go with Eibach Pro kit.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
jedi_master58 said:
Also if you want to find springs & shocks for your car check out www.tirerack.com. I'm probably going to go with Eibach Pro kit.
I heard and have experienced this kit, and WOW. This Eibach kit is verrry nice, and the ride is incredible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
anybody changed the springs themselves? I've got a set of eibachs that have been sitting around for a while. And I've read the tutorials for other installs. I don't want to get stuck in a sticky situation with my car apart. So are there any tips or things I should look out for? I really feel like doing the install any day now... ...but I am kind of lazy. :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts