Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've located a full set of 35mm lowering springs for a 9000, however they were bought for a SAAB 9000 CD 85-92. Would they still fit my 87 5 door?

This is the brand i think:

·
Registered
134 Posts
the suspention setup should be the same for you car and seeing that the year of yours falls in between 85 and 92 you should be fine but try double checking on the web site if you can

·
Registered
3 Posts
AFAIK springs only differ between the 2.0 and 2.3 litre cars as the 2.3 (with it's balance shafts etc) is slightly heavier. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so unless you have the money to experiment it's best to go with a proven product.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks! I picked up a set of used, but minimal use stock springs for $14 so they should work fine for me, plus new KYB shocks - hope i get my car back together soon.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
How did the stock springs work?

I'm taking my Aero in Friday to have Intrax and Konis fitted. I'm pretty excited to get it done.

I'm not certain, but you might be able to have Aero springs fitted to your car. Anyone here know that answer? If so, I'll bring my old ones to Carlisle. I'll hook ya up.

Later,
Chris

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes - Aero's will fit ALL 9000's (i think) and I might be interested since I've yet to install those other yet... lol How much would you be asking??

·
Registered
23 Posts
How 'bout FREE. :shock: If you want em before the meet, you pay the shipping or drive down here to pick em up.

Those babies have 170K on 'em. From what I've heard, springs don't really get tired, but I figure they've gotta soften up some.

Let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts