Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i put the eibachs on myself a long time ago and didnt bother with the camber adjustment and just 2 days ago i saw this....

i knew my tires were getting bald but geezus im glad i saw it wen i did and didnt get a blow out....

so should i call Michelin and try to get them under warrenty or just replace them with some Yokahamas.

either way i need to adjust that camber....so should i bring it to someone or can i do it myself.....

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know it's a whole different setup but in the 9-5, shimming the hubs is the common remedy for neg. camber.

You aren't going to have any luck getting those tires replaced under warranty unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...shimmying the hubs.....

how does one shimmy a hub?

and how does that fix it?

thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
A shim is a small thin plate similar to a washer that goes under the bolt connecting to the upper part of the hub which pushes the hub out slightly at the top, evening camber.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Honestly I don't know if a shim will even work with your car. There is a factory shim for the 9-5 that is .3mm I believe. I don't see why a washer wouldnt work just as well. Finding one that thin with a large enough hole might be tricky. It might need more than .3mm if the car is lowered however. I'm just speculating at this point.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
first thing you should do after putting on lowering springs should be get an alignment.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I also have the same issue with my eubach lowering springs.
I got a set of tires for free last summer that i used to test and see if i need an alignement, and i had the same tire wear as you. Then i got my alignment froma place that does lowered cars, and not its fine.
Just letting you know

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay...my friend also suggested to get an alignment i think i will wen i get the tires on..
thanks again evryone

·
Registered
475 Posts
An alignment should definately be done. Try to find a performance shop like Trex that will align a lowered car. Many normal places won't do it. If the negative camber is visible after installation, ask them specifically to try and work with the camber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts