Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive got a set on intrax springs with the rear spring spacers sitting in my room waiting for spring. At first I was planning on doing bilstein hd's but then I started wondering about the harsher ride quality. One thing to keep in mind is that my main reason for lowering the car is for looks not performance; sas sway bars are in the works for handling Soooo....

How tolerable would the ride be on those longer trips (say to carlisle)?
How would new oem shocks handle these springs? Im not sure how much ride quality I want to give up.

t.i.a

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
If you put Bilstein HDs in it'll be quite different ride wise. Handling is good...comfy ride not so much. Ask me for a ride in the silver car next time I see you.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I have HDs in front and koni adjustables in rear with the intrax springs and no spacers. My wife isnt fond of my aero at all. Harsh, feel every crack in road, but is excellent on corners and on/off ramps. I like and am very used to the ride. My viggen has the koni kit and feels softer than my aero. Its preference, it will be very stiff. how many miles on your shocks?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no documentation on whats on the car right now so I have to assume old.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have HD's on my Aero. I think the second owner put them on about 100k miles ago and they still ride really, really hard. Like mvadenais said, you can feel every crack in the road, but the handling is absolutely astounding. Needless to say when I go to replace my shocks and struts, they're being replaced with something.. softer.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far the cheapest bilstein touring class I could find is 380$ for the set. Is that an average price or does anyone know where I could get them cheaper?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I shouldnt have a problem fitting 215/50's with the car lowered right?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I have a set of super aeros with 225/50/16s that do rub with people in the back seat. 215/45/17s don't rub at all and I have rear spacers on them

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you notice any kind of mileage drop with the 225/50/16?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts