Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on eBay and had to share! Unbelievably mint 1994 900 turbo convertible:

Saab : 900 - eBay (item 160533613569 end time Jan-23-11 21:27:27 PST)

Supposedly only driven in the rain once. An astonishingly low 26,000 original miles. Even though it's an automatic, I bet it goes 10K+. What do you guys think? What's it worth? Looks like a time capsule!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Yeah, I saw that when first posted. It certainly looks like a mint car from the pics. He originally had it posted as a "Special Edition" car which caught my attention, but we swapped a couple emails to straighten that out. I told him that even without being a special edition car, it was probably worth his asking price. You just don't see cars with that low mileage and cleanliness. Just too bad it's an automatic. A 5-speed would add a couple grand to that car.

My buddy's 1994 CE has 24K miles on it. It came from NM. He paid like $15K for it--worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Im considering a bid for 10k, but i wouldn't go higher, and the fact that its an auto is the reason.... if it were a 5 speed CE coupe on the other hand....

·
Registered
67 Posts
There was a 1988 900 convertible that just sold at auction via Copart yesterday in Trenton, NJ. I tried to get in on the bidding, but had technical difficulties.

The odometer only showed ~7,500 miles on it - no joke. The car looked it too. Immaculate tan interior, perfect dash, clean engine, on and on.

I ran the VIN and the only mileage reported to the DMV was in 2003 - but it was ~30K miles...that certainly raised an eyebrow.

In any case it was clear it was ridiculously low mileage.

Unfortunately I don't even know what it sold for.

Doesn't really add to this conversation, just a shoulda coulda woulda story I thought I'd share.

-Z

·
Registered
645 Posts
why are all the super low mile cars either n/a 5speed or turbo automatic..thats a shame.. if the person who ordered it in 94 checked off a few different boxes it would be worth a whole hell of alot more.. nice car tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts