Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new front brakes, no idea what's on there now but the brake dust is horrendous. What's a good low dust pad and rotor combo.

·
Super Moderator
10,065 Posts
Brembo Rotors are always good and affordable...

I've used all sorts of Pads - currently running PBR "DELUX" which is the cheap ones - but the higher level pads are much better on stopping/fad resistant. I ordered the delux by mistake - but they are all LOW DUST - It takes about 3,000 miles to see any real dust build up on my wheels - and it never really happens since it will get washed before that point every time.

EBC Red Stuff - had them for 1000 miles - amazing high speed hot performance, noisy as all hell (like a damn bus) and they were VERY dusty...

OEM Saab pads always feel the best - but they dust like crazy.

I've been using DURALAST GOLD on 9-5's lately and they are decent, but they don't list any for the 9000. They are ceramic and so far - very very low dust. Drove to Ohio and back and a few weeks now after (no washing) and there is a light dust on the wheels.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have PBR Ultimates all around on mine along with ebay drilled rotors and they produce a bit of dust, but not too bad. Stopping power is great though!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I have PBR Ultimates all around on mine along with ebay drilled rotors and they produce a bit of dust, but not too bad. Stopping power is great though!
so would you say the pbr ultimates are a good comprise between stopping power and dust?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been running Posi Quiet Extended Wear Semi-Metallic pads from R1Concepts.com on my Viggen for three years. They're excellent in every respect, including great stopping power, minimal brake dust and long wear. My BBS RK-1 wheels stay clean and my R1 drilled and slotted rotors look good all the time.

My 900 CommEd has PBR pads which I got on eBay for a steal. They also work well and don't make much dust. But it's a bit harder to tell with the CommEd's wheels.

·
Registered
385 Posts
PBR Ceramics Do Not fade (at least under the power of 'mostly' stock boost) and are Fairly dust free. Metalmasters in direct comparison make a Lot of Dust and are not nearly as fade resistant. Deluxe pbr are a waste 'o money IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.