Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SID shows a low coolant message upon start up.

Changed the black sensor in coolant reservoir - still have low coolant on SID - yes I have checked to make sure enough coolant.

Could the SID be from another car - and showing previous errors?

What is resistance supposed to be for this sensor in overflow tank? Could not find in the WIS

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EDIT - found it in the WIS under SID, not cooling system:

"If circuit to the coolant level sensor is borke, text message "fill coolant" will be shown despite correct level.

If a short-circuit to gorund occurs, the check message will not be shown even if the coolant level is low.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't but wonder if previous owner did? Could that cause the issue? With the car on, what voltage should I have on the pins for the wiring harness to the sensor?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe changing SID's from a different model year will trigger the fill windshield fluid message, not fill coolant.
There might be a bad ground involved.

·
Registered
913 Posts
SID shows a low coolant message upon start up.

Changed the black sensor in coolant reservoir - still have low coolant on SID - yes I have checked to make sure enough coolant.

Could the SID be from another car - and showing previous errors?

What is resistance supposed to be for this sensor in overflow tank? Could not find in the WIS
It's more of an expansion tank in that it is part of the pressurized system.
This coolant level design is sometimes problematic. I had a GM car (same design) with the same spurious false warnings, usually when cold. When the engine was hot, the increase in level would cure the "problem". Bad design. Try a higher coolant level, just not too high.
Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts