Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea, we both lined up at a light on Rt 55....1st gear was a whole lot of spinning tire and by the time i got into 2nd, he was already 5 car lengths ahead :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
sort of a glutant for punishment aren't you. :p ..those things do 12's in stock form :shock: .....but I got to give it to ya...cause I would have tried him too. :twisted: 8)

·
7,595 Posts
I had something very similar happen to me a few nights ago with the Pontiac sunbird :lol: WRX STI next to me, light ahead of me and 2 lanes merge down to 1 about 1/4 mile away :D I instantly drop the gas on the floor on green (I gave him no warning) and I pulled about 4 car lengths ahead. I saw he floored it after I did that cause his headlights tilted up! I actually did stay ahead of him till I had to shift into 3rd, at which point I was overtaken somewhat briskly (at the very last safe second for lane changes!) :x

I had a similar situation a few years ago at that same intersection where I did a similar maneuver with a standard WRX- and he never caught up... Paul H was almost beaten by a ford tempo being driven by an old lady there as well :wink:

·
Registered
432 Posts
haha thats funny, u raced one...

i raced a cobra in my old red saab, held him in 1st... then 2nd.. his shit was GOOONNEE

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Hey you never know until you try!! Well ok in the case of a Viper you always know but it's all about some fun!

In my C900 I revved on a Porsche 911 Twin turbo AWD just for fun and the guy laughed at me and proceeded to wipe the floor with me! By the time I was getting off the line he was across the intersection and when I hit the other side of the intersection he was atleast 5 cars ahead or better.

None the less good loss!! :shock:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
saabvos said:
yea, we both lined up at a light on Rt 55....1st gear was a whole lot of spinning tire and by the time i got into 2nd, he was already 5 car lengths ahead :oops: :lol:
haha that wasnt that white one was it? i saw hes got a supercharger now :shock: . but you get points for trying :lol: .

I had a similar encounter with a acura 3.2cl the other night in my dads stock 87 turbo convertible, i came up on him on the on ramp to i-84 really fast and he gunned it (almost losing controll :lol: ) but by the time he hit the highway that thing was goooone. come to find out when he gets caught in traffic that his plate says "0TO60B4U" (took me a minute to get that one) and that he has a sticker on the window that says "supercharged" so i dindnt feel too bad after that, he just better hope i dont see him with "Stage 9" :twisted: .

Paul

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, that's not the white one, the white one with nitrous and a supercharger is a 2004, this is a red 2005

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
my uncle just baught a 2002 viper grey...i hope to drive it wen i visit them the christmas.....oooo burn outs for days!..

i like to try and race fast cars just so i can see them go fast!

·
Registered
432 Posts
stevehayes01 said:
Hey you never know until you try!! Well ok in the case of a Viper you always know but it's all about some fun!

In my C900 I revved on a Porsche 911 Twin turbo AWD just for fun and the guy laughed at me and proceeded to wipe the floor with me! By the time I was getting off the line he was across the intersection and when I hit the other side of the intersection he was atleast 5 cars ahead or better.

None the less good loss!! :shock:
i raced a 944 turbo, the guy had his kid in the car, i stomped his ass .. and this was back in my 9-3... my 9k is alot faster

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Did I tell you about the time I raced a Lamborghini Diablo and Ferrari something and I pulled on them until.... they stepped on the gas pedal? :oops: :lol:

No, I didn't have the sack to even try it. :lol: :wink: it would have been pointless. i was just in awe of the cars, never seen two cars like that both drive by at once.

·
Registered
745 Posts
:lol: had the same experience..only with a kit car type Countach on the road.....
Didn't have the same hi pitch sound I'm used to hearing these things as they generally make them with 12's...so guessing it was based on the 6 or 8 cylinder one cause it sounded good.

Wanted to try him, but not sure he cared much cause it looked like a few enthusiast were right behind him, waiting for me to get out of the way to get their chance. funny stuff to see a Camaro, then Toyo Sup gunning it back and forth, and the Fake Lambo just cruising along.

I suppose with a car like that.., everybody wants to try you.. He looked to be about 60+ with a woman to match.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
944's aren't that quick, they weigh just about as much as a saab

i wanna see that nordic saab take on a viper :twisted:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
That would be sweet!!! That Nordic SAAB is sickening fast!!

THe 944s was actually a pretty quick. Road and Track had is tested at 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S 0-60MPH ----5.5 with a Standing 1/4 mile at -----14.2 seconds and then a Normal 944 Turbo ran 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo 0-60MPH ----6.6 with a Standing 1/4 mile at -----15.1 seconds
So while they were not the absolute fastest thing in the world they were fairly quick in stock form. And compare it to a standard type SAAB 1991 Saab 9000 Turbo 0-60MPH ----6.8 with a Standing 1/4 mile at -----15.2 or even a 2000 Viggen 0-60MPH ----6.4 with a Standing 1/4 mile at 15.0. So the 944 with the right driver can be a decent competitor. Sorry for the comparison but the Porsche is by far my favorite car that I have ever driven and I have loved them since I was like 3 or so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts