Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk what to do i lost the only key i had to my 02 9-3... and im hearing over 1g to get it taken care of... WHAT DO I DOOOO!?!?!?!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Get a new or used twice unit with keys and ignition, get car to dealer to have them program to your car.

Unfortunately it is going to be quite costly regardless

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kinda cost am i looking at?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Cheapest way is to get on ebay or call goldwing and get a twice w/ a key. Go to dealer, order new keys (similar style to the ones that are coming with your twice so you can use the remotes), install, tow to dealer, have dealer or indy, program immobilizer and transponders. Immobilizer will be active as well so you need to clear DTC's to make it work.

So the answer to WHAT DO I DO is... fix it.

Figure $60 for 2 keys, $200-$250 for twice, $100 for towing (AAA ftw), and $100-200 for programming?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is a twice?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
twice is the cars security system. It recognizes the chip in your key that is specifically programmed to it. Catch is, without a programmed key in hand you cannot program any others to the control unit (under driver seat). Order a new key (or 2) from the dealer by your vin, find a used twice unit with a chip programmed to it already, put chip in your new key, install controller. You'll still need someone with a tech 2 to complete programming.

I think I'm parting a 00 9-3 this week, if it happens I'll make you a nice deal on the twice

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how hard is it to install?
and let me know ASAP! im a delivery driver so with out my car i make no money

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Its not easy to install as its under the drivers seat (I am pretty sure it is at least) and you have to remove the seat to get to it.

Good luck, where is lynn from Ware ma? I have never dealt with this issue but I could try to be of help.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
lynn is near boston. ware is west of worcester ;)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I saw a china listing for the actual Immobilizer IC chip pair. They are a pain to solder the little SMD 8pin chips. Need a hot air system. This must be what some are using to "repair" twice sets.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can they make me a key off of my vin number???

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
They can make or get the key from your VIN number, but you need to have everything replaced in order to get it running. The key will open the door, set the alarm off, and let you turn the ignition on, but not start untill the emobilizer is programed to the car.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats just retarded that everything need to be replace... they cant just program the damn chip to make it work

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
The retarded part is having only one key and then losing it. There are a lot of cars where you need a functioning key in order to program another key.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
A friend at school lost their newer ford keys and got quoted over 1200 bucks for a pair of keys programed to the car.

Its not just Saabs, its modern cars and anti theft devices.

Just out of curiosity, could a person hardwire around twice? Put in manual relays for the fuel pump, ect and just have it all on switches?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts