Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 9-5 with only one key. A replacement from the dealer will cost $250, which seems excessive. Will a key from another 2007 Saab work for all the parts but the engraved part? Who might have a salvage key?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
$250 is a good deal.

Expensive European cars mean parts are expensive, if you have it in your head that it'll cost you the same as maintaining a Civic you should probably sell it.

('07 Civic keys should cost around $250 too)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
$250 is a good deal. My local SAAB guy quoted my girlfriend $300 for another key with the clicker built in for her '00. She ended up going with just the key @ $70 and a used fob for $20 programmed to her car.

·
10,303 Posts
If you "lost ignition key" like the title suggest, I believe you will be out alot more than $250.

If you need a key duplicated, do it, because you will mess yourself when you find out what needs to be done when you actually do loose all your keys.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I forgot to answer your original questions - you can re-program remotes from another car, but if you just buy a key it won't work till it's mated to your car (and you have a blade cut correctly to turn the lock cylinders of course).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts