Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a company who will match the paint on my 1997 Saab 900 SE that sells in spray can? I'm looking to paint my grill.

·
Registered
23 Posts
first of all, u have to find the paint code. on saabs it's located on the inside of the door on the driver's side (in the u.s.) my 900se is black and the color code is 170. unfortunatly, most car part stores only have generic paints, and the saab dealers only supply touch up paint in a pen. there are a variety of internet retailers who will supply aerosol paint in 12oz cans. http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint.asp is a good site.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car is listed as code 153. I did visit that site. Thought I would ask around before ordering. Thanks

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Here's pics of how the Napa Paint looks. The paint on the grill actually looks factory. I also painted the rear panel. I ran out of clear coat, but once I put a few more coats of clear on, it'll match like the front.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Ced,

NICE!

when did you get that grill on there? Looks good. i assume you custom made that grill and attached the eyelids yourself?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea I cut out the grill inserts filled it all in. Lastly i molded the brows to the grill so it flow all together.

It was a hell of alot of sanding took me 3 weeks off and on. After I painted it more imperfections came out, so I still need to sand it some more. :roll:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I'm thinking of gettin my 86 SPG done in
Spiral Gray Metallic Medium + Spiral Gray Pearl Metallic Base Coat
WA-812K/GM-88 P4724

I hafta get a quote for what that would run me tho - it's the color of a Darker Grey Corvette (2003/2004)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blaque_Out,

Nice car. I've seen it posted before. Love the way the grill looks. Great job. Napa in Charlotte NC, will mix and put into spray however they have a 7 can min.. About $10. per can.

Thanks for your input..

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
ced, that is tight, and i like the dog on the spoiler, now paint that to match the car, (the spoiler, not the dog)
damn, i really like that grill though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts