Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! How's everybody doing?

I'm a relative NEWB to this site, but especially to bodywork.

However, I'm going to brave a little project involving the lower front bumper and "valence" on my '00 9-3 SE.

For sheer aesthetics, this is worth the venture, but I have no idea where to purchase/order plastic "honeycomb/mesh" pattern. I wish to cut/fit and attach this material in the lower-middle opening in front of radiator and for the air "intake" ports next to each fog light... When I purchased the car late last summer, the original trim/inserts were gone, presumably from too many run-ins with curbs, etc. 'Til now, it's been just fine. But now that it's spring/summer (in Illinois - finally!), I figure this is a relatively easy way to tidy up the car, and perhaps even make it look a bit more "aggressive."

But I have no idea where to find these materials. I don't care what color they come in - I'll be spraying them a flat black if they aren't already. I could go through SAAB for the OE fitted parts, but I wouldn't mind experimenting a bit. Hoping for some material that has 3/4-1" depth so that I can attach using small brackets that I'll bolt onto the edge of the lower bumper opening. Hope that all makes sense...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha! Well, either it truly is that simple, or that's just a really funny tongue-in-cheek response.

Either way, I'll take your tip and head over to Home Depot to see what they've got... That would definitely be a cheap way to go about it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hahaha! Well, either it truly is that simple, or that's just a really funny tongue-in-cheek response.

Either way, I'll take your tip and head over to Home Depot to see what they've got... That would definitely be a cheap way to go about it. Thanks!
That is what most of us do. I found mine on the side of the street in Queens.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I used metal gutter guard from home depot, Im not sure about plastic, i didnt really research that.

I will most likely be doing similar soon, but thus far i have modded the grille, as well as the fog light grille inserts. Which i then plasti dipped matte black.

Goodluck to you!

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Go to Home Depot, ask for SKU 474-854. Thank me later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts