Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in connecting with SAAB folks, especially those who own classic 900 convertibles. Mine is a 1993 turbo, Imola Red & Tan.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Show us some photos of your vert!

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howdy! How's your project so far?
The folks at The SAAB Shop did well by me on the mechanicals, & I'm slowly trying to acquire bits & pieces to make her look pretty ... but I really need to find a shop that isn't afraid to do rust remediation, & that won't charge me FantomWorks prices.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Beautiful car! Looks to be in really great shape! My '91 vert is the same color, but with a charcoal interior. What's your plan for it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now, preservation, not restoration. It has a lot of broken plastic up front, & the locks all the way around are a little hinky, so I am trying to come up with &/or fix those items, & then I might look to do some rust remediation ... really not sure how extensive that is, at this point.

I'd really prefer a black or grey interior, tbh ... but you take what you can get when it's available. 😉

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think the natural interior looks great with the red exterior. How's the condition of the top? That's my only real headache right now. I am trying to decide whether mine can be repaired rather than replaced, but the fabric is pretty worn. Rust is a difficult problem. Where are you seeing it on the car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The folks at The SAAB Shop did well by me on the mechanicals, & I'm slowly trying to acquire bits & pieces to make her look pretty ... but I really need to find a shop that isn't afraid to do rust remediation, & that won't charge me FantomWorks prices.
Hope you'll find a good local shop that can do excellent jobs.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Are those wheels plasti-dipped, or is it just the lighting in the photo making them look off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Powder-coated. The color didn't come out quite as it looked on paper, but I tried to match it to the shade that the upholstery & canvas had faded to. In the right light it does match the seat leather pretty well, but everything is it's own shade. I am probably going to have them redone, but I have to decide if I am going to keep the interior as is, or swap in black or grey.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts