Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anybody know a company in England that sells lowering springs for a Saab ng900 with a 1.75 drop. BlaqueGuy was saying he remember some company in England did. If not does anybody know how I can make this possible? I know of all the other springs out there and what distance they lower my car. I don’t want airbags and I know about scraping, so if anybody has any info please let me know.

Thanks

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
saabkid37 said:
why england?

if you stay in the u.s. i believe h&r, intrax, and b&g are all around 2 inches.
Noooooo. Most are only 1.5"...the only company i know that has a 1.75" is in england, but I forgot the company.

Intrax I know is 1.5" from off the G9 site. Same with B&G from another site, but H&R im not sure.

Of course correct me if im wrong. Didn't we already have a thread on spring heights?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
well..in actuality..alot of people go over board on the whole
"soring cutting is bad thing. If you do it correctly using all of the physics formulas and such (ill post a link when im at home tonight) it can be just fine and actually be a nice stuff (not bouncy like most ppl think) ride. Its actually better to shorten an actual lowering spring by a coil or so than a stock spring

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Hey Snow,

I think you're referring to Spax springs http://www.spax.co.uk/ which have had wildly different reviews. Some folks love them, others hate them. They supposedly advertise a 1.5'' drop, but the actual drop is closer to 2''. One review I remember said that the springs were fine at first, but the guy did a follow up review and complained of some sagging and rebound problems.

You might want to check out Vogtland springs http://www.vogtland.com/ which supposedly give a 1.5'' drop...

Good luck!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I think Vogtland was the company with the 2" drop.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked out Vogtland site and its a 35mm drop so thats 1.5. What about just taking the springs down a bit? Has anybody does this? I saw a viggen that has their springs cut, how would you go about doing this? I know a bunch of people advise not to but i;m not taking my car to the track its just a daily driver, so i;m thinking there must be a safe way to do this.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Snow,

Everything I've seen warns against cutting down the springs because of the effect it will have on rebound and the increased potential for bottoming out. Actually, it would be MUCH safer to do this to a track car because most tracks have relatively smooth roads for safety reasons. Daily drivers have their own set of worries...

That said, when I lived in Florida, it seemed every other Civic/Celica/200SX was riding on REALLY low coilovers or chopped or compressed springs. The roads are very different down there, with no frost heave, no potholes and no crappy 200-year-old roads like we have in New England...Last year, I was matching speed with a lowered Civic on the Central Artery through Boston and he kept sending back sparks whenever he hit a dip....

I think that with your new body kit 8) you can get that same effect without physically lowering the car beyond 1.5 or 1.75 inches...

Eric is looking into paring another few tenths of an inch off the height by shaving down the rubber spring seats....

He had an interesting post on SaabCentral the other day about this...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Which company gives the best deal on springs? Im looking to order some soon, once my friend finds some spring compressors, and I'm curious on some of your guys feedback. Let me know!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts