Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
7,595 Posts
looking good! I still think you should fix up the 91 hatch though. Just needs a bit of work with a flux welder (which I'm getting). the 86 could make an awesome winter / rally car. The C-900's seem to be QUITE competitive at rallying too. I have been thinking for a while now that I should get a 91-93 base model 900 4 door w/o a sunroof and prep it for rally use. Could be the worlds first >$1000 full prepped rally car :D

300 posts? pff, you got nothing till you are over 1000 :lol:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mag-X said:
Oh sweet. Notchback and two tone (or is that just a shadow? :?: )
nope not 2 tone, just a shadow, its actually an odd light green color, im not sure if i like it or not.

Delorean, i thought i already told you: i dont do body work, its a damn waste of time and money IMHO, neither of wich i have :D . and this notchback seems too nice to make into a rally car, besides it would probably just end up flinging itself into a tree :roll: . I like your idea of a nice expendable, common base model 900 rally car...but more on that later :twisted: . For now i have to figure out how im gonna pay this guy :shock: luckily it looks like the landcruiser got another bid, i just dont understand the appeal of that shitbox :?.

Paul

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was thinking about that for my ice racer....but needed to redo it to manual, wire it for the turbo engine and fix the broken shock mount would have been too much work vs starting with a 5spd Turbo shell...but it's still an 86! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah well i have a few manual parts cars laying around here so that shouldnt be an issue, and the shock mount shouldnt be to bad to do for me either as i can get my dad to weld it up at work, and as for the wiring, i was gonna have to do that anyway cause im gonna be switching to megasquirt soon 8) . but for now its just gonna be my daily driver, probably gonna work on converting the interior to the grey leather outta my 91 and also swapping over the later brakes, then when i get my motor built i can mess around with that.

and for that price i just couldnt pass up a notchback thats as clean as that one.

Paul

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, picked it up today, damn is that car clean! it is easily the cleanest unrestored 900 ive ever seen, there isnt a single spot of rust on the thing, i dont know how, or why, but im not gonna analize it too much :lol: . bad news is that its slower than mollases in december :? not much of a surprise there tho. Gonna post up some "before" pics tomorrow 8) .

Paul

·
10,303 Posts
Youve drivin it in December already? :lol:

Sweet, can't wait to see it. Lemme know if the Jeff's swing up to help out, I could swing over and down.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well here's the pics, she's slow, ugly and dirty, but thats only gonna make it more impressive when i get finished :wink: .

peeling clearcoat

damn thats smooth 8)

broken rear shock mount, one of the 2 places on the car that theres rust

no rust on the bottom of the doors!

no rust here

oh wait theres some, but defintiely better than ive ever seen

the "powerplant" or lack thereof, note the vice grips on the header :lol:

that silly injector cover might just have to make its way onto ebay

ugh..cloth interior, gonna have to do something about that, at least its in good shape though.

and finally, the rear end shot :wink:

gonna have to do some more junkyarding before im ready to swap out the motor, i think the only things left on the list are the TD04 turbo, a pre-87 spg kit, tan leather, a 2.1l intake manifold, and a 91+ tranny to rebuild :roll: time for another trip to PA.

Paul

·
7,595 Posts
looking nice! I know just the place to get the stuff ;)

looks like I found a good one :lol: all the stuff except maybe the leather and the TD04 from a volvo is a 1 stop junkyarding. in-fact, I know about 3 places that will have it north of the city

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DeLorean said:
looking nice! I know just the place to get the stuff ;)

looks like I found a good one :lol: all the stuff except maybe the leather and the TD04 from a volvo is a 1 stop junkyarding. in-fact, I know about 3 places that will have it north of the city
sounds good to me...busy this weekend? :wink:

Paul

·
7,595 Posts
looks like we are going to newringgold on friday or saturday :D

I need to re stock anyway, I can almost walk in my house :shock:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts