Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember seeing pics of one. i believe jon williams made it for jeff p's viggen blue c900. could be wrong. anyone know of any pics of it? i'm searching and coming up empty.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet. thx.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Has anyone heard one of these in person? Does it still make the C900 'burble?'

My only complaint about my equal length one is it makes the exhaust sound totally different, no little off-kilter scrowly sounds.

???

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I want that on my 9000.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Has anyone heard one of these in person? Does it still make the C900 'burble?'

My only complaint about my equal length one is it makes the exhaust sound totally different, no little off-kilter scrowly sounds.

???
Same thing happens to the boxer engine in WRXs and STIs.. once you install equal length headers, they lose a lot of their unique sound

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice Headers but my guy make a very very nice set of Headers
Will take pic tommorow VRP VICKERS RACING PRODUCT

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I still retain some c900 burble with my unequal length header. It just doesn't sound as aggressive.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I need some header education. I thought that equal length headers were "better". Can someone point me to a good thread to read up on the differences. Header is a popular search term it seems.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
yea, I did a equal length header in the late 90's I think but yea it totally killed the cool C900 exh note. Jeff P purchased a header similar to mine then he switched to the style above to bring back the sound.

Unless serious HP is being developed I do not think they are worth the money, that is unless they are just a few hundred bucks now.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I felt a difference when I added mine. I really like it. Smooths out the power band, especially up top.

There's a writeup I did on SaabNet like 7 years ago that has the whole description of it.

That and my lightened flywheel are some of my favorite modifications.

And Koni dampers.

....So I disagree - if you can find a set, I would definitely spring for them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts