Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out they were literally going to be driving right by my house -- I couldn't do the drive due to other commitments, but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to stop and take some pics, meet up with the group before they headed up the mountain. Some pics taken by my Dad, some by other GTO members:

Your's truly in the maroon jacket, my Goat is the black one behind the group just to the left of me:

This red one was pristine. The black, again, is mine. Parked next to me was a gorgeous Triumph bike who also went on the cruise:

More after I peeled off from the group:

This virtual clone of mine had a nice little secret:

Secret revealed:
Nothing oozes performance like a positive displacement supercharger...

Except maybe the one we didn't get a pic of: 454 cu with nitrous...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
whats the differences in the front end/spoiler? different years? I think i remember a post that you put on a different one than oem. Nice shots

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Man I hate those SAP grilles.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My front spoiler is from WTDesigns -- no longer made. No other body mods made on mine. '04's rear valance had both cyl banks exhaust exiting on the driver's side, no hood scoops. '05 and '06 had the "dual exhaust" ('04 technically was also dual, but both routed to the same side) and hood scoops. '04 and '05 had all red tail lenses, while '06 had clear lenses with black surrounds, red, amber and white lenses inside.

There was an Sport Appearance Package (SAP) body kit available, but rare. The grills were part of the package and probably the most desired of all the kit. It's a personal preference on those for me. I like them sometimes, other times I don't.

The Red I think has a Banshee hood, and I don't recall the lip spoiler. Definitely SAP grills, or a copy at least.

I don't recall where the silver Goat's body kit came from. Not really a fan. That car is really beat up...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When are you going to post some shots of the GTO action? :confused:

:rolleyes: (nuk, nuk nuk)
heh, well, I noticed a couple of drips in the driveway under the rear end -- between that and my parents being in town, I decided not to go on the drive.

Getting the diff looked at tomorrow. Prolly just a seal.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I mean one with "three deuces and a four speed and a 389", like Ronnie & The Talledegas song.

The new cars are cool but not an old dog in the group? :-D

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually there was a street rod there. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Edit: The third-to-last pic you can just barely see the fender and front wheel of that rod. I'll find a better pic...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found it:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, not really my cup-o-noodles, but I gotta give the red one credit for the detailing done to it. Very clean.

And you're right. No SAP grills in any of those shots.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Pretty cool Jim! There are never any meets like that in the Northwest.

Durka? There are no SAP grilles in any of the pictures he posted.
It was pretty cool. I'm just sorry I couldn't actually go on the drive.

You should try to organize one, IJ.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts