Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been in Jersey City for almost a year now. At the beginning, it was just me and the 9-3.

But Little Red came north from Alabama in September and, in lieu of having Turbo Dog with me again, Little Red's been keeping me company in Jersey the last few weeks.

Here's some shots of our adventures here and there.

First, of course, a hand wash at one of Jersey City's 3 kazillion places:

Then a trip to New York Harbor:

(but what's that in the background?)

Oh yeah, the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge between Brooklyn and Staten Island. It's neat.

Then we went over for some face (really, ass, since that's what faces Jersey) time with the BGL. Hi Big Green Lady!

Look familiar?

Yeah, it's the same location as this 1993 ComEd shoot....

Well, almost. That yellow utilities marker is still there and there's a big green box keeping it company now. Also, given how crazy people are about terrorist threats around here, we thought it best not to drive up on the U.S. Park Service's lawn.

And, like every good evening, we ended up in Bayonne, near where the sailors put in and across an inlet from a fancy-schmancy golf course built on just one of the many old landfills/Superfun!/chromium-laden parcels around the area.

Tada.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Neat!

Looks like it was fun time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Awesome. Sounds like you had a good time without any issues. And she does look nice after a wash.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
very nice. Used to live in NYC for 2 years. I think I still owe the state of New York for an unpaid toll on the staten bridge. Speaking of staten and bridges, the staten island ferry is a good free way to get a close look at the BGL. It goes right by her on its way downtown.

The skyline will never be the same, I used to look at those building nearly everyday when I lived in Brooklyn.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Nice pics! I was in NYC last Sunday visiting the BGL with family from Seattle.

My biggest disappointment was that there was a different Naked Cowboy in Times Square (boney looking hack). We were heckling him as a fraud.

Something I never noticed in the Comm Ed picture before... the Halfmoon replica (Henry Hudson's ship) docked on the Jersey side. I see it docked in Albany annually.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Many of those shots were in the middle of one of the worst toxic waste sites you will ever experience.

Watch your "6" in JC .. and that is not a joke.

Actually, beware up there period. Along JFK north to south and all points in between.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Neat car especially with the driving lamps.

It's a ringer for one of our base 900's. I forget the years they blend now.

We had a red, a white and a blue one.

OK, the blue was an 1989 aka "one of the Saabs from hell".

The white and red? Only problem is they were not clear coat and they needed an annual compound and major wax to hold a shine. That paint must have been an inch thick.

Behind that fence as you drove in? Look, look! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Erica i would love to take a look at how the foglights are mounted to the front of the grille. I want to do the exact same thing to the SPG. Maybe we can make a small fall meet out of it. I know at least 3 or 4 other people who wouldn't mind. One of my friends works at RMI, he just bought a c900 and he's been wanting to meet some saabers.

·
Registered
369 Posts
When you went into the Liberty State Park or anywhere along that road the area, except for the "greensward" if fenced. They may have let the phagocyte reeds grow up but the warning signs are about the "site hazards".

Place has been a dump for years for toxic waste. Many of the homes and schools in JC have used chromium fill from the old factories. For that matter one of the newer shopping centers on "The 440" off "Truck 1", is kind of a cap for the chromium.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.