Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, this morning, I was getting ready to head out to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles to register the herd and then hit up a junkyard when, after throwing my tool bag in the hatch, I got into Little Red and saw this:

And, I thought, weird (I was a little dozy from being at a party the night before), I don't remember leaving broken glass on the seat.

Then I saw this:

And then I saw this:

Yeah, someone broke into the car and stole the damn radio. I mean, really, it wasn't that great of a radio to begin with. If you needed some shit to pawn for crack, I'm a reasonable person with a box load of crap destined for the Salvation Army, I would have gladly given you all of it to not get into my beloved Little Red and bust up the dash bezel (probably the only original thing left on the car) to get a shitty radio.

The good news? Well, My heater control arm looks pristine and like it should work once again when I get everything back together. Oh, and I guess this will give me a chance to replace all those bulbs that were burnt out. (Feel free to let me know what else I should do before it all goes back together.) And, it's not like some homeless guy stole the car to live in. Well, not this time, anyhow.

Still...what about this car, this base c900, that inspires people to do great violence unto her. It's just stupid, stupid. :-x

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I've been there Aireeca...sucks big knowing that it was pretty senseless.

Good thing, is that with the people you know it should be easy enough to replace for cheap...but the hassel of it all is just annoying as hell.

Did they at least close the door afterward? When this happened to me the left the damn door open all night and drained the battery - insult to injury.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I can donate a window from my dearly departed 88 SPG. Good shape except the little vertical scuff that gets on them.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Wow, that's horrible. It's been awhile since I had to deal with a scenario like that. It's the senseless of it that depresses you the most.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did they at least close the door afterward? When this happened to me the left the damn door open all night and drained the battery - insult to injury.
Yeah, they did. They also left the CB from the Canada trip as well as an EZ pass that was in the glovebox. Fools.

I can donate a window from my dearly departed 88 SPG. Good shape except the little vertical scuff that gets on them.
Well, I'm headed to a u-pull-it this weekend to see what I might be able to replace. I'll let you know.

Wow, that's horrible. It's been awhile since I had to deal with a scenario like that. It's the senseless of it that depresses you the most.
Yeah, the only car I've ever had broken into was my 1996 Dodge Stratus and, well, it being a Stratus, they didn't take anything which I thought to be perfectly understandable because it was a Stratus. This, though...on this car...it's tough. Really tough. I mean, I can replace the radio with a stocker, no problem, because nobody's going to want to steal that. Still, the sense that someone did something bad to this car I've spent the year trying to bring around...:sad:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well.. Atleast you were on your way to the junkyard. Hate that though. Happened to my last car and they just stole the change out of the ash tray. :D

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
aw man.... sorry to hear that aireeca. are the other ones parked outside nearby? glad they went untouched.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
That's terrible! Fucking degenerates. I've never had my car broken into here, but once my dad's was stolen, and these guys drove it around for two weeks, and extinguished their newports in every little crevice in the dash. So little respect for other people.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. It was just a real crappy way to start the day. Luckily, the other ones survived unscathed and I've got Little Red in a secure location until I can find some glass and start putting the dash back together.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's terrible! Fucking degenerates. I've never had my car broken into here....
That's actually what I told the cop who came to make a report (just in case). I mean, I lived in a pretty damn sketchy neighborhood in D.C. (a pickup truck once was set on fire across the street and then sat there for months) and nothing except the usual bumper bumps happened to the 9-3. Stupid. Just stupid.

I'm going to pull her out of the garage tomorrow and do a better assessment of the damages to see what she's going to need. Man.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Goddamn it, that really pisses me off, fucking vandals. I would love to catch someone in the act doing that to my car.

I have a decent dash fascia that I can send you gratis. Let me know.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Goddamn it, that really pisses me off, fucking vandals. I would love to catch someone in the act doing that to my car.
I'm almost glad I didn't because someone would have ended up wounded.

I have a decent dash fascia that I can send you gratis. Let me know.
Seriously? That would be incredible. Seriously incredible. I headed off to a yard here in Cleveland today but the one c900 fascia was already gone and the other was, uh, challenged. Beyond belief. I'll grab pictures tomorrow when I go back to grab a few things off of that car....

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm almost glad I didn't because someone would have ended up wounded.

Seriously? That would be incredible. Seriously incredible. I headed off to a yard here in Cleveland today but the one c900 fascia was already gone and the other was, uh, challenged. Beyond belief. I'll grab pictures tomorrow when I go back to grab a few things off of that car....
Yes, I have one that is slightly peeling on the edge by the headlight switch but otherwise nice and intact, it could probably be glued back into place pretty easily. I'll dig it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yes, I have one that is slightly peeling on the edge by the headlight switch but otherwise nice and intact, it could probably be glued back into place pretty easily. I'll dig it out tomorrow.
That would be awesome. I'll drop you my address. I owe you at least a Citroen DS for this.... ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts