Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always wanted to figure out how I can make the lights on my ng900 go on and off....
Heres what I want to do: I would love to be able to drive around with the headlights on dim, running the fogs or even just running the fogs by themselves without the low beams on. Im not sure how to go about this, does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Need to have a dealer with a Tech II change the programming to reflect that of a Euro spec car.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
i think im gonna get some yellow bulbs and put them in my fogs. Why would you dim your headlights? More light, more fun for the guy in front of you in a traffic.

Speaking of, i need to figure out why my high beams are not working. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, I know how to work them normally its just I wish there was a way to run just the fogs without the main headlights on, or run the headlights on dim because the only time I can use the dim mode is if Im parked with the car off

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Dim mode?

Our cars also have "city lights" it's a small bulb in the headlight housing meant for city traveling in Europe. You can make use of this bulb to dimly light up your headlight housing. Of course you need to have the Tech 2 to enable the European lighting options.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
very interesting, i thought i saw a little bulb in there, i thought that was the cornering light or something....hmm...sounds like a cool feature, i might jsut have to hunt someone down with a tech 2.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
i have this feature enabled on my car, check my link to my cardomain in my sig for pics...pg 4

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have this feature enabled on my car, check my link to my cardomain in my sig for pics...pg 4
Yeah, I saw your car domain a while ago, I like the custom work on the headlights... I want projectors so badly, I want one that can look oem to most but us saab guys will notice the detail... its all in the details for me

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
yes but they might not know how. I had to show my guy how and literally take the tech from his hands and do it myself

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
How do you do it? I might buy my own tech 2, any can do it? or are there certain ones
i was wondering the same. if i might go to a saab shop to see if this can be done. this sounds like a cool feature.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
i was wondering the same. if i might go to a saab shop to see if this can be done. this sounds like a cool feature.
Last time anyone check I think the Tech II cost something like $5,000 new. You migth be able to pick one up used for less.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts