Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for a full five days I was without a fifth gear and a third pedal.

I helped my cousin find and buy a 2000 9-3 with only 63,000 miles on it. Unfortunately it also only had one key, no remote, no pixels in the SID, a few tail lights out, and no antenna. He was in Utah until today so I took his car while I was sorting out the above issues for him. I haven't driven an auto for a while save for diesel trucks so it was weird to be driving what was essentially my same car with one.

After spending a few days with an auto I'm going to have to admit I didn't hate it entirely. In sport mode it holds revs and feels lively enough for my tastes. When not in sport mode its way to unresponsive for my liking. I don't know if it was my imagination, but I think I felt a bit more vibration, but that might just be nitpicking. The only real place I missed the m/t was on the highway (revs are a bit higher on the auto) and not being able to hold a gear while cornering. My fuel economy was a bit less with the auto, which was odd because I used it for a bit more highway then I usually drive.

The auto has leather seats while mine has cloth, I think the cloth seats are a bit more comfortable IMO, the leather is a bit too stiff. The one thing I really liked about the new car is the interior color. Mine car has gray, which is a bit somber for an interior, while my cousin's car has tan, which I really liked.

Anyways, here are pics of the new car in the family next to my car when I switched them back out yesterday.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I sure enjoy my neutered 9-3, although the tune helps. My Aero does get better mileage than my 9-3 auto, and I think even my 325xi does better as well...but its still the car I prefer to drive on a daily basis.

A slightly higher torque converter stall speed would really liven them up though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts