Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first day we had decent snow that stuck to the ground. I woke up to 1" of snow blanketing the SAAB.

With all the roads still covered in snow, awaiting the plow trucks, it was time to take it for a spin. The Gislaveds winter tires are up to the task: even on slopes they provided good traction! :D

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I have a suspicion that this year (at least for our general area), we are going to be into Dec. before the first snowfall.
Living in Minnesota I've learned a few things:
1) it's not out of the ordinary to use the A/C and heater in the same day
2) just because the high today is 75, does not mean it can't snow tomorrow
3) the record high in MN for October is 98
4) the record low in MN for October is -16
5) the only month it hasn't snowed in MN is July

Gotta love it!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Jelous! Just paid my share of rent for our winter house in Killington, VT...Cant wait to get up there to snowboard and get twisted...Praying its a terrible winter!! Just bought some snows for the GLI

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
^I know, tell me about it. My wife and I just bought a house 15 minutes from Smuggler's Notch. Picked up Bash Badges a few weeks ago...it'll be my goal to be up at the mtn/backcountry at least once a week.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Current temp: 81

What is this "snow" you speak of? lol

Now that I've said that it will probably drop about 40 degrees. Darn Kentuckiana weather....

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well looking at that white shit is depressing....
im quite excited! after looking at those pics, made me go grab my ski's to tune and wax them. bring on the snow. after all....i am snowsaab!:cool:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man, after a long, hot summer (no a/c in Alaskan homes) I was looking forward to the snow. Also, I off road a lot in my Jeep, and winter is the prime off roading season. As long as temps are above -20F it isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
474 Posts
All I know is my og9-3 did awesome in the snow - and ill miss it for that. I'm looking forward to seeing how this c900 does, even though I've heard its even better in snow.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I need to find me some snow tires...

and paint.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I'm finalizing a pellet-speading system to be mounted on the hood of my NG. I figure, between the hatch and the system, I can spread about enough pellets to make ~40 miles of road.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts