Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are few things of interest that we have not hit already -

- MP Steering Rack Brace Installed (Steering page)
- Updated Pics of Remote Battery (Interior page)
- JT Viggen Exhaust System (Exhaust page)
- Updated Pics of Engine Bay (Engine page)

Enjoy! :D
Kevin

http://www.kyankton.net/

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Nick work Kevin.

Also I like the tips of your exhaust, I just ordered my JT3 and I’m hoping most of it is going to be in stainless. Are you going to ceramic coat your exhaust like you did with your 9000 Aero?

Your MP steering rack and brace are very nice also. Did you need to order the brace for both sides of the car? Also what bushings are you using for converting your car over to polly?

I love the carbon fiber look I would like to do that to mine. How does that hold up to the heat inside the engine?

The rear truck looks perfect, what’s the kill switch for?

Sorry for all the questions, car looks awesome though.

Dan

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here goes -

- No brace for driver's side
- PowerFlex bushings (Elk Parts)
- Carbon should hold, but will see
- Kill switch is for safety and in case you need to turn power off to work on car. Easier than disconnecting the battery every time

Regards,
Kevin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Excellent upgrades all around. When does your tranny get in? Also where did you locate the battery box vent hose?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I noticed that you also upgraded the driver's side bushing on the steering rack - is this a custom part, or just a standard silicone sleeve? I've often wondered why no one sells a driver's side bushing - does it not matter from a performance standpoint?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
This is the early rack. Most evident by the larger diameter.
I keep both side poly rack bushings in stock... :wink:

Drain: There are a few "ports" in the rear corners of the trunk where the sunroof drains go through. Also antenna motor has a drain. There is an extra hole.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nick's got it right in that I just used on of the existing drain holes. Although, in regards to the early rack comment, I had mentioned on my web site that the Saginaw or later style racks are no longer being sold or NLS (no longer stocking) and that the replacments are these ZF style racks. The driver's side poly bushing is available from PowerFlex.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I think it's funny how your page isn't loading anymore due to "an increase in visitor traffic" - nice job man!! You're famous! 8) Hope ya fix that soon tho :!:

·
Registered
71 Posts
That sucks. I wanted to see it too. ;P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts