Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, if you guys have been wondering what I have been up to since I have not posted in awhile, I have been working on developing full carbon fiber fab capabilities (you always know that when you have not heard from me in awhile, the skunk works is at full brew! 8) ). I will post some pics of all the molds I have made including many custom pieces. Using vacuum bagging techniques, I have been able to produce some pretty nice pieces. I think you will be interested in seeing the results. More details and photos to follow. :D

Cheers,
Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,049 Posts
holy . . . WOW! Those look really good. I REALLY like that DI - cover. Would that work for a c900 as the cover itself?? How hard would it be to make that? I can see doing SOME things in carbon fiber - and you have clearly found those parts - sure there are many more u'll attempt :p Looks good - That car is not just going to sound good, run great, and go great - it's going to LOOK awesome. Keep it up man. Any projected finish date? I want to see this car in person when it's all done. :shock: 8)
 

·
HNNLIC
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
Yea definately a wow!!!

There's a few peices on there that im VERY interested in. I'll be emailing you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
You are the man.

Like the rest were saying, when are you gonna help the rest of use out and make copies of these for us? :D

Keep up the good work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that I am finishing up the molds and chasing down the last problems with getting a clear, bubble free finish, I should be able to start selling these things soon. The molds are probably the hardest part since the more time you spend on quality molds, the better the pieces are. The DI and C900 plug covers will be first since they are relatively easy and flat. Then the other stuff will follow like the A-pillar gauge pod. I had to wait for more flexible vacuum bagging material from the supplier so that it would conform to the curved surfaces. Then a quick sand of the door entry panels and hatch panel to remove the texturing on the stock piece and these will be ready to go. Still no sure how I am going to cleanly bond the upper and lower pieces of the Viggen style rear wing once I fill the core with foam. I talked to one of my suppliers today and I think I have the bubble problem fixed. The strange thing about working with CF is that it is like some kind of black art and no one, I mean no one, wants to tell you exactly how they get their parts looking perfect. But, no worries, because I am hot on the trail and have the right equipment. So, I will run a few more batches and post some new pics. I am pulling the DI molds out tonight since I did not like the fit of the original ones. Glad to see that people like some of the stuff I am working on.

Regards,
Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
Very nice work! Looking forward to seeing your car in its finished state!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top