Laser Red 2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen 73k Miles - $8500 obo

SAAB 9-3 VIGGEN FOR SALE

Name: Alexander Chien

1 of only 206 Laser Red Viggens Produced for the US
1- Family Owned Viggen
No Accidents, Mint Condition
Service Records Available
73,xxx Original Miles

On Dec 1, 2012, I brought it to a Saab mechanic (with over 20 years of experience specialized in only Saabs), and he dropped little cameras into the engine to take pictures. Below are the pics: Piston 1 (top left), Piston 2 (top right), Piston 3 (bottom left), Piston 4 (bottom right).
He said those were the one of the cleanest internals (without sludge) that he has seen in any Saab. That should be music to the ears of anyone who knows about Saabs, because oil sludge is our worst fear. The grooves in the photos are original factory engraved grooves, so you can tell that there has been no real buildup on top of the factory piston surface. If you wish to view an electronic copy of the report, I can send it to your email.
The following were the compression test results:

Cylinder 1: 180
Cylinder 2: 185
Cylinder 3: 180
Cylinder 4: 180

As for the rest, I believe the pictures speak for themselves: no wear whatsoever on the convertible top, and a very good condition interior. Recently changed the hood shocks after the mechanic said it was failing. I also topped off the brake fluid, because mechanic said it was low. Otherwise, just careful regular maintenance has kept this Viggen in top shape. Absolutely everything works, including every last electronic component in the interior.

CON: The only one I can think of is that the broken cupholder, but I will replace that with a OEM cupholder soon. =)

Asking for $8500 obo. PM me, or text me at (562) three O three - 21 sixty-three. All offers welcome.

Pictures here: Laser Red Viggen - a set on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Nice looking car, I think I've seen it around town before, around Brentwood?

Which mechanic looked at it? The sludge issue is almost never visible through the spark plug holes. It builds up in the oil pan and passages to the lifters in the head and can rascally only be verified by pulling off the cam cover or dropping the oil pan to clean it out.

Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking car, I think I've seen it around town before, around Brentwood?

Which mechanic looked at it? The sludge issue is almost never visible through the spark plug holes. It builds up in the oil pan and passages to the lifters in the head and can rascally only be verified by pulling off the cam cover or dropping the oil pan to clean it out.

Good luck with your sale!
I don't drive anywhere near Brentwood. The mechanic who looked at it was Ladin from Screaming Chicken Saab in Texas.

Are you interested in the car?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Not enough cash, and wife is only interested in Lightening Blue Viggens!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Price seems pretty fair for being a single family owned car, it gives it a pedigree. I will say that it'd be nice to see more pictures of the interior.

If you're going to ask me if I'm insterested in buying it, no I'm not. Although I'd love to add a Red Viggen to the collection. lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Price seems pretty fair for being a single family owned car, it gives it a pedigree. I will say that it'd be nice to see more pictures of the interior.

If you're going to ask me if I'm insterested in buying it, no I'm not. Although I'd love to add a Red Viggen to the collection. lol
Haha, thanks for looking anyways!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might be interested. Picture of the driver seat leather? Are those wheels reproductions? Thanks, Lewis
I'll take the picture later. The wheels are repros, because the original rims are known to be soft. I could include the original rims if the price is right.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
awesome car, but comp seams a bit low, i did an 95 aero wagon a few weeks back with around 100k miles that was still seeing 205+ on all 4 cyls

then again, nothing wrong with 180ish, could just be a different gauge. and red vig verts are kinda awesome

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ha I've got one of the 206 for 2001 as well. Had no idea so few were made in laser red. Good luck with sale!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I had a red 02 3door Viggen and factory stats aside, I never heard of more than 3 or 4 other than mine. Nick Ts, Million Mile Saab guy, and maybe one other in CT somewhere IIRC. Mine went to Washington state and has had a couple owners since then.

GLWS.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts