Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car is a 1995 9000 cs with the stock turbo. garret td25. 120k. so after about 3 min of driving and was going to merge onto the highway, all of a sudden i lose boost/power. so i had to murge very slowly onto the highway. Turbo is screaming meanwhile if i put any gas on it. sounds like the high pitch when you have a lot of boost, but was no where near boost, and instead at 20lbs of vaccuum. turbo will whine if you put any gas on it. Car will not boost at all. wont even get to 0 zero lbs of boost. basically highest it gets is 10-5 lbs of vaccuum. at idle vac is at normal reading at like 20ish. car is not burning oil that i can tell, no blue or white smoke, and exhaust smells fine. tried WOT and went no where, no power what so ever, no boost. but no blue/black smoke either. no coolant in the oil and oil level is fine. it made the trip to my fathers work about 10 min away. im guessing the turbo is shot? or a bearing went out on it? checked my vaccuum lines and all are good. should i try to limp it 40 min away to my house since its not burning oil? im guessing probably not? it can stay here, and i can change the turbo at the place where its at if need be.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Blew one off the intercooler inlet on the Typhoon the other night at 20psi...damn near shit myself. BLAM! followed by all kinds of sputtering, coughing, check engine lights, a black belch out the tailpipe, then no boost. I'll tell you what though.....the whine of a spooled turbo just puking air out into nothingness is pretty damn cool (and loud).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been there. That, and the arm falling off the wastegate flapper will really kill all your fun :lol:
ya i was pretty shocked at how badly underpowered it was. I remember reading threads about power lose and ic hoses, but i never thought it was that big of a loss, it was quite a shocking first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.